Search the forum,

Discuss Nicobond Rapidflex confusion..... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazebo

Hi again.

Hope you are all keeping well, just a couple of things i need help with, i purchased 2 bags of white nicobond rapidflex, being unsure of which (if any) substrates need priming i thought i would ask in here for clarification, 1.Knauf Aquapanel (dont think i needs priming)
2.Green moisture resistant plasterboard.(think it does need priming.)
3.lime plaster wall, (only going up 1.2m high)

Tiles are basic 250mmx200 ceramic, only other thing is where i got the nicobond from the only primer they had was 'Palace tilers primer' will this be ok if anything needs tiling,
Should i take the nicobond back and get a Bal rapid set Spf. with some Bal sbr?
I actually contacted nicobond(they were not very helpful put me onto sales instead of the tech dept, said they would phone me back never did. So i had to phone them again and was told that i could not tile onto green (moisture res)plasterboard with this product, aquapanel was fine, normal plasterboard was fine, but not green pb. So now i am confused.
HELP.
Cheers:8:
Gary

D

DB-Tiling

nicobond do there own acrilic primer.
as for the green moisture board, im not sure. never tiled on to tbh.

M

mike walker

hi Gary Aqua panel no primer. green plasterboard no primer, lime plaster a big yes for primer

G

Gazebo

hi Gary Aqua panel no primer. green plasterboard no primer, lime plaster a big yes for primer

Hi mike,
Thanks for the advice, do you think the Palace tilers primer will be ok with the nicobond rapidflex.? if i am only priming the lime plaster it will not be anywhere near a wet area of the bathroom.:8:

Cheers Matey.

F

Fred

If you have not used nicobond rapid before, or are at all slow, only mix up a little at a time because, boy, that stuff goes off fast, and I mean fast.

G

Gazebo

if it goes off that quick maybe i will get the 1st couple of rows over the bath done with it then use white star on the non wet area as tiles are only 250mmx200 ceramics.

T

tile55

Why don't you use White Star for all of the walls, either to use, great product. Flexible, highly white and don't need a primer.

G

Gazebo

Why don't you use White Star for all of the walls, either to use, great product. Flexible, highly white and don't need a primer.

I do normally use white star with this size tile but needed to grout the next day, as i understand white star needs longer to set than spf. how long do you leave white star as a rule before you grout, then how long do you leave the grout before you silicone.? do you advise the customers how long before they use their shower .? if so how long....
jeez just how long is long.?
Gary.

Reply to Nicobond Rapidflex confusion..... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen