Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss New tiler buying a wet saw. Budget!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

STINGRAY30

Hey everyone, thinking of buying a wetsaw nd was wondering if there is any desent ones for around £1oo??

As a new new am not flat out doing jobs as ai am still doing my nvq!!

Thanks for your help!!!

D

DHTiling

Try this one from tradetiler........

Plasplugs Mastertiler DWW180

• Cast alloy deck (with lifetime warantee)
  • 180 mm diameter (22.2mm bore) wheel included
  • 27 mm cut depth
  • Height adjustable wheel guard
  • Flip-up guide plate for 45° mitres
  • Unique Hi-Torque 650 watt motor
  • Carry handle
  • Unique water re-circulation system
  • Cutting guide - use left or right
  • Click-grip calliper locks
weight 16 Kg inc packaging

TradeTiler.Ltd Wet Saws

G

Grace'sDad

Also it's £79.99 inc vat at B&Q (sorry tradetiler!) but watch out as they seem to sell a lot with wobbly spindles. Best to ask to demo one before you buy.
B&Q are getting notorious for refusing to exchange/refund trade purchases (even though it says "professional" on the box!)

G

Grace'sDad

I have a Mastertiler (as above) for small everyday stuff, and a Montolit Brooklyn for the big stuff. Oh, and a ikkle grinder for really small jobs / stone finishing.

beanz

TF
Reaction score
I have the MasterTiler too, not done anything big enough to need anything else yet (new boy). Just curious, i like to know what my options are for future reference hehe!

Reaction score
The Dewalt is a big machine and good for slate, marble etc.
it takes up a lot of room in your van but I think it is good
value for money because it has a sliding table and it can
be use as a chop saw whitch is good for taking complete
holes out out of tiles eg elec sockets if using large tiles
in kitchens.

where as a lot of the big wet cutters can only run and
not chop.

hope to be of help

M

medlar

heres a cheap little wet cutter,never used 1 but my mate has had his (although this is the latest version) for about 3 years and found no problems with it

tilecutter.jpg

Erbauer ERB180C Tile Cutter Chrome Top 230V

http://www.NoLinksToThis/sfd/i/brandimages/Erbauer.gif http://www.NoLinksToThis/sfd/i/spacer.gif​

Convenient-sized, chromium-coated table and waterproof switch. Table is tiltable for various applications.
  • Induction Motor
  • Max. Cut Depth 35mm
  • Diamond Blade
  • Work-Piece Clamp
  • Blade Brake
  • Parallel Fence
  • Mitre Guide
  • Steel Table
ERB180C, parallel guide, 45° mitre gauge, water tank, blade.

D

doug boardley

got a spare dw 200 (the one without the legs) it's a 240v so I don't use it now, if you're up in lakes at all for £100 it's yours!

D

doug boardley

got it when I was mainly doing domestic work where 240v isn't a problem, with hindsight I should have got my 110v and a transformer first!

Reply to New tiler buying a wet saw. Budget!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.

There are similar tiling threads here

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks