Search the forum,

Discuss New Sandstone Floor. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

E

enduro

This is a new floor in a large country house. The customer called me and asked me to come and have a look at the floor as it has only be down 6 weeks and they cant keep it clean. The tiler had sealed it with an HG sealer...I did a test clean... Floors 3-11-2012 020.jpg I think it needs a different sealer.

J

jonnyc

do you know what stone it is.
sandstone is a nightmare to look after.
last few six side sawn york i fixed were sealed with stainstop and multiseal.
done the chinese green sandstone with same.
it needs loads of both sealers.

E

enduro

I have a sample of a new piece so im going to see what sealer i have is the best for this stone.

H

henrywillicombe

thats the same sandstone i laid a few months bacK. 50 SQ metres, customer wanted no veins, blemishes or stones with different colours in them and they all had to be the same colour, was insane. good job i was on day work. i sealed with lithothin stain stop 3 times

D

DHTiling

Fully recommend Fila w68. Best sealer I have used and its water based.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J

jonnyc

thats the same sandstone i laid a few months bacK. 50 SQ metres, customer wanted no veins, blemishes or stones with different colours in them and they all had to be the same colour, was insane. good job i was on day work. i sealed with lithothin stain stop 3 times
looks like it was very well laid .
where did stone come from.
looks like it wasnt grouted either. was there a reason for this .

E

enduro

Lots of lippage, customer wants them sorted out in the new year...They want it grouted now. Have to use unsanded grout as joint are very close.

H

henrywillicombe

id did make me look though. i laid random lengths with 3 mm joints grouted with sand stone grout. i had to rip out the first 10 metres i laid because the customer said she didnt want any dark shading on the tiles. i showed her the three crates of stone all with the same shading. she looked at me like i was an idiot and said get some more crates then.

Reply to New Sandstone Floor. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen