Search the forum,

Discuss need help building a parts list.. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

ca-uk

I've been reading through for a few days now, and understand the concepts of wetroom construction - but not being a hands-on kinda guy then i'm still finding it a bit hard going.

I've got two bathrooms that i want to change to wet areas.

1. A wet area of approx 1950 x 1320 - this area of the floor is already raised - there are walls on three sides and the fourth side is two partition walls with a gap for entry into the wet area. The floor is currently 190 off the floor on some sort of timber structure which is then fixed to the concrete floor. I think this area is too big to get a preformed tray? From what i've read we'd also be wise to waterproof the walls up to the ceiling?

2. A smaller wet area - the current shower is 720x760 and we'd be looking to do away with the shower tray and replace it with a wet space. We could extend the tanking beyond this if a larger area is sensible? In this one, we would just have a glass screen seperating the wet area. Again, it's on a raised floor.

I can take some pictures if it helps people get an idea of what we're trying to make wet?

Thanks!

D

DHTiling

Why have you raised the tray area's...?....the concept of a wetroom floor is it is same level to the exisiting floor surounding it..not higher..

C

ca-uk

i haven't raised them - we're in a ground floor flat, with concrete floors, so the floor areas beneath the existing showers are already raised and will likely stay raised to allow the pipes to go under - i'll toddle off and take some pictures

D

DHTiling

Pics would be good..;)..

So you want the floor area's to be flat from previously being raised ..if i have that right..?

P

Prem Tiler

I've been reading through for a few days now, and understand the concepts of wetroom construction - but not being a hands-on kinda guy then i'm still finding it a bit hard going.

I've got two bathrooms that i want to change to wet areas.

1. A wet area of approx 1950 x 1320 - this area of the floor is already raised - there are walls on three sides and the fourth side is two partition walls with a gap for entry into the wet area. The floor is currently 190 off the floor on some sort of timber structure which is then fixed to the concrete floor. I think this area is too big to get a preformed tray? From what i've read we'd also be wise to waterproof the walls up to the ceiling?

2. A smaller wet area - the current shower is 720x760 and we'd be looking to do away with the shower tray and replace it with a wet space. We could extend the tanking beyond this if a larger area is sensible? In this one, we would just have a glass screen seperating the wet area. Again, it's on a raised floor.

I can take some pictures if it helps people get an idea of what we're trying to make wet?

Thanks!

We Tilers don't do approx. :thumbsup: as my good friend dagger says... we work in mm.

Pics would really help as its hard to picture from an expernation buddy.

C

ca-uk

i'm doing a good job of confusing everyone :) i believe the wet areas will remain raised - as plumbing will need to go underneath
the bigger bathroom:
we'll be moving the toilet, removing the bidet, so the whole of the top area will become the wet area. the toilet will move down to the bottom, mounted on the wall, we'll drop from two sinks to one and have the bath on the opposite side (simples)
IMG_0120.JPG

IMG_0121.JPG

IMG_0122.JPG

IMG_0126.JPG

IMG_0127.JPG

the smaller bathroom:
things staying in the same places, but going for a smaller sink and no shower cubicle - its a small room, so just a shower screen (plain glass) will hopefully make it feel bigger. will be fully tiled.
IMG_0124.JPG

IMG_0125.JPG

IMG_0128.JPG

IMG_0129.JPG

C

ca-uk

sorry if i've mucked up by making the pictures too big - not too good with them as they're also all sideways :)

i always quote my measurements approx as i get different every time - i can firm them up when i'm ready to push the button :)

W

wetdec

Hi

Drop an aqua dec 8 ( 1850 x 900 ) in against the back wall this will do what you need run your edge tiles into the dec8 pitched slightly (only needs a little and it will not be noticed.)

Wetdecs wet room supplier, wet room shower tray, tanking. waterproofing from leading wetroom company. - Choosing A Tray :: Wet Room Formers For Wooden Floors :: Impey aqua-dec wet room shower base

Tank all walls and floor area with Dura-wp wetroom tanking membrane as the room is a moisture trap.

Durabse WP tanking membrane tor waterproofing wetroom walls and waterproofing showers

Hope this helps is the best solution using a grp former :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

C

ca-uk

Thanks Wetdec - i'll be phoning you to order all the bits, just didn't want to harass you while i understand it all :O)

The 1850x900 is for the larger room? Do we tank underneath the impey as well? Then the tiles from the step slope slightly to run the water into the tray if i'm reading right? Do you tank the whole room or just the wet area - i.e. above the step?

How big of a tray would you suggest for the smaller room?

Thanks

Reply to need help building a parts list.. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen