Currently reading:
my first victorian style floor

Discuss my first victorian style floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mike

here's a couple of pics of my first victorian style floor. i couldnt get a pic of the full floor as i'd just put sealer/intensifier on the tiles hence me by the door going out! as you can see the walls are well out of square(it's an old cottage) the customer opted for the blue infills and red doorways and is well happy with it:smilewinkgrin:

Attachments

• Vic 1.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 90
  • vic 2.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 84

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
If I ever get the chance to do one of these I'd like to think I'd have a go.
That skewy hallway would really put me off though.
Could you post a picture thread of this in progress telling us how you set out and the probs you encountered Mike?
Would be made up if I did one and it turned out like that.

M

Mike

If I ever get the chance to do one of these I'd like to think I'd have a go.
That skewy hallway would really put me off though.
Could you post a picture thread of this in progress telling us how you set out and the probs you encountered Mike?
Would be made up if I did one and it turned out like that.
here's a link to a thread i posted a couple of weeks ago and there's some pics of me starting off. it wasnt too hard as i had a centre to work from and a design (although it was too big for the floor so i had to alter it) my knees were killing me doing it, that was the only problem with the job! and as tenchman informed me i mitred the little red borders whereas they should have butted up. the floor needs to be really flat for these little tiles tho as there's 33 tiles between each of the 4 blue squares! thanks everyone for the replies:thumbsup:
http://www.tilersforums.com/tiling-forum/38615-my-job-next-week.html

Reply to my first victorian style floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.