Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Mosaic wallprep and nmp/hd in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

G

G1zm0

Hi doing shower area (800x800}, ive got moisture resistant green plasterboard, and was going to tank it with mapei tanking kit.
Now her indoors would like cappacino mosaic tiles in shower, area to compliment the cappuccino tiles going on rest of wall and floor. porcelin

Will it be ok to use the board tanked and use bal mosaic fix and bals anti fungal grout,
Or should I use hardy or nmp on wall first, screw it on fill seams with adhesive and go for it,

Also going to tile hallway, its chipboard/mdf, I can't use hb board as the cement will soak in, can I use nmp on this as it uses adhesive ?

Any cheap places for cappuccino mosaics or cappuccino mosaoc like tiles (full tile , done in little squres ect )

thanks for reading

M

MTiler

In a shower I'd use a waterproof tile backer board (eg. Hardibacker, Wedi, Kerdi etc etc) and seal all the joints. BAL Mosaic Fix is expensive and Mapei Keraflex Maxi (white) can be used instead on the boards or a Tanking system. BALs Microban grout is fine in showers just follow the instructions.
Hardie Backer board can be used on the hallway(floor?), and can be tiled straight on to it. Theres no harm in using a weak solution of acrylic primer to coat the board first.

missyT

G

G1zm0

Thanks for replay, so use the keraflex, instead,of mosaic fix, to seal the boards will that do as well as using some fiber,tape?,
As, with the hall, hardy needs thinset to fix,it down , but my halls chip board, it will swell with the moisture, so cant use it, thats why I was thinking,nmp as it uses, sealer glue

O

One Day

In a shower I'd use a waterproof tile backer board (eg. Hardibacker, Wedi, Kerdi etc etc) and seal all the joints. BAL Mosaic Fix is expensive and Mapei Keraflex Maxi (white) can be used instead on the boards or a Tanking system. BALs Microban grout is fine in showers just follow the instructions.
Hardie Backer board can be used on the hallway(floor?), and can be tiled straight on to it. Theres no harm in using a weak solution of acrylic primer to coat the board first.

missyT

All good except Hardibacker ISN'T waterproof. It will get wet and transfer water to the background.
Kerdiboard with taped seams and fasteners will be a lovely smooth waterproof surface - there's nothing better for mosiacs imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh dear.....:mad2:

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Not wanting to high jack the thread , are you still in Manchester Sharon?

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Just a job that I have to start tomorrow, a few TF members would find interesting, but Sharon mostly, old mosaic floor.

G

G1zm0

Would ditra matting be another choice for waterproofing shower area ?, then can just put over the plasterboard

Reply to Mosaic wallprep and nmp/hd in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks