Search the forum,

Discuss mdf moisture resistant board in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

nybor62

TF
Reaction score
had an argument this morn as i refused to tile 2 kitch sills fitted with mdf moisture resistant board.cant over board them ,as they want the tiles flush with the work top. the boards are 5mm lower than work top. they wont remove boards . the most arrogant agent ive ever met. eventually i walked away . what do you think ?

M

mikethetile

im surprised they werent pva d as well:lol:

its a difficult one , do you tile it knowing you will be blamed when it fails or do you walk away

I think you were right to refuse to do it but concerned that you will lose the other work, is there anyway you can resolve this with the agent

R

Rich

I think you did the right thing mate, if you wernt happy to tile it, then dont. If you had have done it, it would have made you no better than most of the monkeys that call themselves tilers out there. Well done :thumbsup:

nybor62

TF
Reaction score
im surprised they werent pva d as well:lol:

its a difficult one , do you tile it knowing you will be blamed when it fails or do you walk away

I think you were right to refuse to do it but concerned that you will lose the other work, is there anyway you can resolve this with the agent
they have recently rang me they are going to fix whiterock on the sills
oh he did say cant you pva them .whats the obsession with pva with these guys

M

mikethetile

they have recently rang me they are going to fix whiterock on the sills
oh he did say cant you pva them .whats the obsession with pva with these guys
good im pleased . I would hate to see you walk away from work

didnt you know

pva is the magic cure all lotion

ive seen it mixed through paint to make it stick to a problem surface:mad2:

P

Perry

You should have told the muppet that you could nail them on if he is that hopeless at his job lol

Reply to mdf moisture resistant board in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen