Discuss Mastik failing quickly in marble tiled shower in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi, I recently had a contractor strip out and replace all the Mastik in my shower as it had failed. It was a very poor job and not colour matched. The new contractor did a good job, or appeared tom with a matched colour (Jasmine) but less than two months on it has completely failed, coming away on all sides in the shower and at the back of the sink which doesn't get that wet. I have done some googling - I am a weak and feeble female so please don't be harsh! - and wonder if it should not be used to seal the tray to marble as it is natural and porous? But what else could be used instead? I cannot recall what type of Mastik it was but I can see that Mapei do one called Jasmine and there is suggestion that a type 1 adhesive (is their Mastik one?) should NOT be used with certain types of marble. He is coming back on Friday but it seems pointless to do the same again if it just isn't going to work. It didn't seem as if he did a bad job so I fear the same will be done again and it will happen again!

Reply to Mastik failing quickly in marble tiled shower in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks