Discuss Failing mosaic tiles on shower floor in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
I bought Faulty Towers last June. I have done a fix on my shower floor tiles. It has lasted for a couple of months but is now failing again.

The problem is mosaic tiles coming off. I tried siliconing them to the adhesive base then a bit of grout in the gaps. So, that doesn’t work.

Is there a permanent fix? Could I carefully sand down the adhesive to a flat surface then apply new over the old?

All suggestions welcome. Many thanks in advance

Attachments

• image.jpg
    313.3 KB · Views: 19
Reaction score
If it’s just a couple of tiles that have popped, it’s unlikely to be any other issues other just failed adhesive on such small tiles.
Silicone won’t hold the tile for long and because it is so flexible, will allow the tile to move and cause your grout to crack.
Your best bet would be to try and carefully chisel/scrape up as much of the old adhesive as you can then mix up some fresh tile adhesive and stick the tile back down with that.
Give it some time for the adhesive to cure, refer to the product packaging to be certain, but usually after 24 hours you should be ok to grout. Once the grout has cured you’re all done 👌🏽!
Hope that helps.

An alternative is to bust up all the tiles in the shower floor and redo them all but worth a try at patching first.

Reply to Failing mosaic tiles on shower floor in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks