Search the forum,

Discuss marks on a travertine floor? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

K

kev

ok, following on from my question about the buffing machine, i got the trav floor(honed) really clean, applied 2 coats of mn colour enhancer 24 hours apart and then grouted after another 24 hours, now when ive cleaned it there are marks all over it, almost as if its marks in the sealer, they werent there before i grouted.
could i of marked it by standing/working on it while grouting, and do you thing they would go with another coat of the mn colour enhancer.
also i didnt think the colour enhancer was 'glossy', but this was before i grouted it.

Last edited by a moderator:
K

kev

cant really buff that colour enhancer off as it stays tacky for ages , but dont think its that, looks more like it may not of been properly dry even after 24 hours, anyway just been back and put another coat on a small part to see how it looks when it dries. ... don't think i'll ever use Fila colour enhancer again, will stick with ltp mattstone in the future.

D

DHTiling

It was Lithofin MN enhancer you used..?

Directions for use:
The surface should be absorbent, clean and dry. It is not suitable for highly polished surfaces. If in doubt, apply to test areas. Apply Lithofin MN Colour Intensifier thinly and uniformly with a roller or brush or builder's sponge. In the case of strongly absorbent surfaces, repeat process twice. On less absorbent surfaces where gloss is formed, remove any residue with a cloth.

K

kev

sorry Dave, got muddled up, it was Fila colour enhancer

Last edited by a moderator:
E

enduro

Was the Travertine Honed & Filled? Because some cheaper Honed and filled Travertine is filled with resin..so when the light shine onto it you will get flat and shiny areas...

K

kev

it was honed and filled, came from topps, don't think it was a cheap one.
i,m hoping when i go back that the extra coat i put on a small area will of sorted it,
it says on the tin to fix and grout THEN apply the enhancer (which is also a sealer) in my wisdom i sealed it as is the norm, then grouted it, this is when ive noticed all the marks, which i can only assume came from a mixture of my feet and the grouting process.

E

enduro

How many coats did you apply, and how long between coats. How did you apply the sealer?

K

kev

2 coats of sealer 24 hours apart, then grouted next day, sealer was put on with a brush, once in one direction next coat in the other direction

E

enduro

2 coats of sealer 24 hours apart, then grouted next day, sealer was put on with a brush, once in one direction next coat in the other direction
I find a paint pad or small roller gives better and more even coverage. See what it looks like when you go back, and let me know.

Reply to marks on a travertine floor? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen