Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss marking tiles ready to be cut in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

B

brundlefly

some of you may find this useful, i work with a few new guys who are having problems, marking tiles around obstacles, so i made this little pdf to help them

its a method i use when fitting vinyl tiles from my previous life as a vinyl tiler, using this method you can mark around almost any obstacle

hope someone finds it useful

Download PDF ----> <broken link removed>

example:

wp44be5950.png

wp1542af82.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my god ive got way tooo much time on my hands, but works slow so just keeping my mind busy :mad2:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
B

brundlefly

thanks frogeye

i tried to make it as easy to understand as i could, it takes a while to get to grips with but when you do, its in your head for keeps

B

brundlefly

i dont see alot of ceramic tilers using this method

i was taught this back in the stone age when i did the vinyl nvq i never saw it being taught on the ceramic tiling nvq at salford

B

brundlefly

glad to see it may be of some use :)

obviously me too - but these notes beat mine hands down

frogeye
you should have seem the original draft, in scribbled pencil on on plastered wall on site, this just seems easier when asked how do you fit like that ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
P

philrab66

some of you may find this useful, i work with a few new guys who are having problems, marking tiles around obstacles, so i made this little pdf to help them

its a method i use when fitting vinyl tiles from my previous life as a vinyl tiler, using this method you can mark around almost any obstacle

hope someone finds it useful

Download PDF ----> Marking Tiles PDF

example:

wp44be5950.png

wp1542af82.png

my god ive got way tooo much time on my hands, but works slow so just keeping my mind busy :mad2:

going through reading all the old posts, has anybody got this PDF anywhere
Cheers Phil.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow 2008.

I don't have it that's for sure. He'd hosted the pictures and the images on a NTL web page that you got with their internet package. The sold to Virgin obviously so that ended.

I'm sure we can help though what problems are you having?

P

philrab66

Wow 2008.

I don't have it that's for sure. He'd hosted the pictures and the images on a NTL web page that you got with their internet package. The sold to Virgin obviously so that ended.

I'm sure we can help though what problems are you having?

Hi Dan
Not having any problems just like to read up on things and learn new tips , tricks.

Reply to marking tiles ready to be cut in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks