• UK Tiling Forum for UK Tiling Advice, by Tilers Forums

Welcome to the UK Tiling Forum for UK Tiling Advice, whether wall tiling or floor tiling advice, by Tilers Forums. The collective uk tiling advice forum.

Discuss Loose Porcelain slabs outside in the UK Tiling Forum | Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

Dester

-
Reaction score
Hi I’m a complete amateur at this apart from an afternoon spent researching the internet.
Two years ago I had porcelain slabs put down on my back garden and recently noticed a lot of them have come completely loose, as I’m not attached whatsoever I can just lift them up.
It turns out the tiles weren’t primed with a slurry so haven’t adhered to the mortar bed. I’m weighing up my options, from what I can see there’s two;
1. Remove all loose slabs, rip up the mortar bed and redo them with slurry coating the tiles a a 4:1 sand to cement mix.
2. Use an outdoor tile adhesive to secure them to the existing mortar bed.

Option 2 seems easier, the mortar bed is in pretty good shape, seems to be compacted and hard with a few gaps here and there. Can anyone advise on how to fix this issue? Is option 1 or 2 better?
Thanks in advance!

Reply to Loose Porcelain slabs outside in the UK Tiling Forum | Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Latest Post

New Tiling Questions