Search the forum,

Discuss Leveling Compounds in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

masonchat

oh lovely this job is turning into nightmare on elm st , the instructions on the bag were as clear as the muck it produced , thanks anyway dave

C

cjp1

masonchat, Just out of interest what make screed are you using and is it latex or water based?

J

jimbob

Can anyone recommend an easy to use slc suitable for pouring over ufh?
The ufh wires are about 2mm thick, and to avoid raising the floor height too much when its all finished, i'd like to pour the minimum amount of slc to cover it (say, 3mm). Is this depth reasonable? What is the minimum depth it can be used without cracking? Are all brands the same or can some be laid thinner than others?

Cheers
Jimbob

C

cjp1

Hi Jimbob,
I have used stopgap 300 to cover electric underfloor heating mats before and it worked very well just rember to prime the floor first with the correct primer not pva!!
As for the depth of the slc I would say minium of 3mm without the heating mats so if you were to lay 5mm - 6mm I would think this should be fine.
You could always call stopgap technical dept and check with them before going ahead with the job .
Cheers Chris.:8:

D

DHTiling

Can anyone recommend an easy to use slc suitable for pouring over ufh?
The ufh wires are about 2mm thick, and to avoid raising the floor height too much when its all finished, i'd like to pour the minimum amount of slc to cover it (say, 3mm). Is this depth reasonable? What is the minimum depth it can be used without cracking? Are all brands the same or can some be laid thinner than others?

Cheers
Jimbob

Mapei latex plan trade...excellent stuff to use and flows like a dream...:thumbsup: does upto 10mm...

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Anyone used Gypsum Based SLC over cable UFH - just wondered if it worth taking advantage of the higher thermal conductivity.

D

DHTiling

Anyone used Gypsum Based SLC over cable UFH - just wondered if it worth taking advantage of the higher thermal conductivity.

The having to prime the hell out of it to use a portland based adhesive...:smilewinkgrin:

Reaction score
i had a phone call today , and was asked if i could give some advice about some latexing they had done, Not by a tiler but a local do it all, so i said i would drop in on the way home, i could not believe what i had seen , the floor was still wet in some places after 4 days and the customer was only walking on the dry patches, then rang the do it all guy and he told them it takes time to dry properly. He had used a self levelling compound but put twice as much water in it to make it go further, i could scoop it up with my hand , white stains on the top where the water was still sitting on the top,
amazes me how some people tries to save money by using someone that really dont know what they are doing, spent 4 hours scraping up the water stroke latex , and i must admit i was covered in what a mess, i could leave like that but i wish i had its taken 2 baths and a shower to get the crap off, and my misses has refused to wash my clothes and binned them . :mad2:

Reply to Leveling Compounds in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen