Search the forum,

Discuss Leveling Compound Failed in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

LM

I've seen this before and it might be that the plonker has mixed part A of a powder and liquid levelling compound with water instead of using liquid?

Reaction score
It looks to me like the insulation boards haven`t been primed. A weak mix of SLC won`t help either. I wouldn`t get involved unless they are willing to have the ufh taken up, floor primed, cable replaced and re screeded.

Doggit

TF
Reaction score
Looking at the discolouration on top of the screed, it looks as though waters been added, but I suspect not enough. I reckon the builders treated the SLC as a cement screed, and only added a minimal amount of water. As previous comments have suggested, carefully lift the electric mat, dust it off, relay, and then rescreed

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just keep brushing it over with a stiff brush till its clean buy the look of it it wouldn't take long I bet a good vacuum would suck it up lol

Reply to Leveling Compound Failed in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen