Search the forum,

Discuss Leveling a concrete floor? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

The Lowestoft Tiler

Hi Guys,
I thought i would pick your brains, I think i am doing it the best way but i thought i would ask just in case someone has a better idea?
I have got a job of 36 square metres of tiles for an outside porch. the concrete on five square metre is raised in the middle by 125mm. i need to level this off. I thought i would do it this way:-
Cut lines into the concrete with a diamond blade every 20mm across the floor and then chip it down with a Kango checking levels as i go. do you think this will be the best way as i do not want to gun up the floor as its 250mm thick!
I await your wisdom:yes:

F

frogeye

Blimey - a big job mate!

If they have lived with a Mount Eiger floor - can't they live with a tiled version?
Tell them it prevents pooling if there is a flood!

I would tile to the curve :yes: But if you need to level it off then fair play

best of luck pal

frogeye

T

The Lowestoft Tiler

Blimey - a big job mate!

If they have lived with a Mount Eiger floor - can't they live with a tiled version?
Tell them it prevents pooling if there is a flood!

I would tile to the curve :yes: But if you need to level it off then fair play

best of luck pal

frogeye
No it must be level, other wise it will look crap, it is right in front of the chaps lake and they use it of a night and during the weekends as their bbq setup and chairs etc are where they want tiling. Chairs move and rock all over the place, nearly dropped my beer tonight!:lol:

D

DHTiling

Hello tony..........

As you say put some kerf cuts into it and chip it as flat as you can.......then frame the porch off slightly higher than the level of the base then seal the frame( in side edges ) so no leveller will leak away.........then self level with a latex leveller............job done....

F

frogeye

Sorry mate

it was supposed to be tongue in cheek when I wrote it - I didn't intend it to come across as a serious option, mind you it would be a talking point.......:8:

Still a big job (in my world) though
and all the best by the way

frogeye

D

DHTiling

didnt think you could use slc outside ? plus what about the depth

What makes you think that chris......

There are a few brands that can be used in external locations........always check with manufacture that they are frost resistant and suitable for external work......

Ardex k301 is one and BAL acrybase is another..........just need to use the right one for the right application .....:thumbsup:

Reply to Leveling a concrete floor? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen