Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Laying porcelain tiles differing levels in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Tiny01

TF
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
hi all

I’m only a DIY’er so go easy lol !

Currently working on a project at home for a new patio area with 20mm porcelain tiles the chosen finish sat upon Adpeds at a level / fall to suit .

I’ve only laid the tiles on “dry” so far just to keep checking that I’m putting the Adpeds in the correct position , I have a 75mm fall across the patio .

Before I start fixing the tiles with the https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ do you think the heights of the pads are ok some vary by 5-6mm do you think the https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ will take up the difference’s or would I be best taking a bit off the highest one ?

Also will this trowel be ok it’s a 20mm notch trowel that I intend to use ?

Thanks

96558680-EEE4-40DD-9E67-C44370394F23.jpeg ECAE04A1-5222-428C-91E4-F7D97B42ACA5.jpeg 7CE6CB93-BE8B-4F49-8835-C32B1764C54E.jpeg

T

Time's Ran Out

Wow!
The ultimate dot and dab!
That’s going to be like an ice rink.
Someone who has done the self levelling tile pedestals will be along to advise your method.
If it works then I assume tile levelling clips would help you.

OP
T

Tiny01

TF
Reaction score
Lol ! 170 + dots & dabs to be precise ( 6 per tile ! )

Nearly there now , there not the slightest bit slippery although they do look like they are .

They’re treated with a R11 antil slip finish & are really grippy to feel anyway , might be a bit different with a bit of frost / ice on them bug can’t be as bad as the decking when that’s damp !

Thanks for the reply

OP
T

Tiny01

TF
Reaction score
Yes seen that , it’s just the small differences in the heights on a few of that I was a little concerned about , but guess a thick bed of https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ will take up the differences

Reaction score
We were asked to install 20mm porc at the far end of a pool on peds, I refused as when you read the small print of the tiles they have every angle covered for liability. Things like should a tile suffer any point impact now or in the future it must be replaced even if there are no visible signs of damage. So now we have to put a sentry duty 24/7 to keep guard. Imagine the injury if you naked leg did go through.
But I am old and the cup is half empty. Always

Reply to Laying porcelain tiles differing levels in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock