Search the forum,

Discuss Latex Based Adhesive Suggestion Please in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

StephenR

I have these Topps Stardust Red Stardust Red Xcm | Topps Tiles tiles to lay this week (well tomorrow if I can get there) which are a resin and quartz mix. The packet says use only a latex based adhesive. I tend to use only Mapei as I can get it easily but that limits me to a rapid adhesive.

So my question is, are all latex based adhesives rapids or might there be an alternative? A Topps option on this might be good as they are local but I don't trust their in store advice.

Don't fancy cutting these things outside with the wet saw in the snow :mad2:

Any advice appreciated.

D

DHTiling

Hi Stephen , normally with these resin based tiles you would use a 2 part mix, Mapei do 2 adhesives suitable for them... Grani-rapid is one and Elasto-rapid is another..

products

products

I do know some installers will use Keraquick and isolastic... but a quick call to mapei tech will conform this...

R

Rookery

I would use Keraquick & Latex Plus. I know you dont want a rapid setting adhesive but believe me, the latex will slow it down quite a bit and its not that fast to start with.

S

StephenR

Thanks for the advice guys. Tragically my local Tile Giant has stopped stocking Latex Plus so the Mapei option was out. grrrrr ...

So I went to Topps and said what tile I was going to fix and what latex product did they have. You'll need a regular flexible adhesive for that sir. erm ... I'd like a latex based adhesive please I say. Well we advise using a regular flexible for that sir. Um... the box says only a latex based adhesive should be used. Oh .... long silence .... goes over to read box .... golly, we've been advising customers incorrectly. Better put out a stores wide advice notice on this.

So I used Topfix 2 part and the tiles are on the wall now. Didn't have rubber gloves so a lot of it is still on me too. Very sticky stuff :)

B

Bubblecraft

Great stuff their 2 part but get it on your hands & arms & it's there for days. Get it on your clothes and its there for life! If there's anything I hate more than charcoal grout, it's this lol

P

Peter

Hi Stephen , normally with these resin based tiles you would use a 2 part mix, Mapei do 2 adhesives suitable for them... Grani-rapid is one and Elasto-rapid is another..

products

products

I do know some installers will use Keraquick and isolastic... but a quick call to mapei tech will conform this...

Is Keraquick & Latex Plus not recommended for them then? How does the Granirapid differ? Thought it was the same sort of stuff with less slump.

Reply to Latex Based Adhesive Suggestion Please in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen