Search the forum,

Discuss Kitchen splashback in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

JohnnyB

Hi,
Just started my own tiling bussiness, and going to do my first kitchen splashback quote tonight. Customer says it's about 2 sq mts with 200mm x 200mm Ceramic tiles which they have already bought, don't know how many sockets if any. Could anyone give me a rough price guide, I thought of quoting £180, One day tiling, following morning grouting.

Thanks

John

Last edited by a moderator:
V

Varley

Sounds about right to me m8, remember to add on for materials, (in case you haven't already) and check the condition of walls, little kitchen splashback like that is perfect for your first job so i hope you get it m8, Good luck! Let us know if you get it.

C

Concept PHT

i would go for 150 plus bits.

You should be able to grout that up in the same day to be fair :)

J

JohnnyB

Iv'e quoted £160 which includes adhesive, grout and silicone, there is 1 double socket and 1 switch. Customer also wanted another wortop siliconing as it was only grouted and has cracked and come loose, which is about 3 linear metres in length where the bottom of the tiles sits on the worktop if you know what I mean. Did the quote about 7.30pm last night so will have wait and see if I get a phone call. I thought you had to grout the next day as the wall adhesive needs 16 - 24 hrs to set, this is what i'm led to believe, but I am just starting out so not much experience.

John

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Leatherface

Some kitchens I prime walls with appropriate acrylic primer and trowel on with Rapid set - usually Mapei Mapeker Adhesive - deffo ready to grout same day :)

J

JohnnyB

Thanks for that, would have probably reduced my qoute if I knew I could have grouted up same day.

Reply to Kitchen splashback in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen