Currently reading:
Kitchen splash backs, trends change.

Search the forum,

Discuss Kitchen splash backs, trends change. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Peter

Not done a lot of them this year but got two to do in the next fortnight so they had to come sooner or later.

Most of the splashbacks I've done in the last 2 years have been moving away from the 4x4s in favour of larger mosaic lookalike ceramics. Great as they take half the time.

Not sure if people simply aren't just tiling them unless they have the granite upstand, but a lot of splashbacks I would do would have the kitchen fitted a few months or years and they've just either never got round to tiling it or weren't sure whether to do it or not.

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
Steve Robinson Glass Studio | Facebook this glass artist does bespoke glass splashes to any design,i used his hand made striped tiles on a smalljob last year,and some of his work looks really good

the same customer i used his tiles on the bathroom wall did a burnt orange whole peice of glass custom cut and fitted sockets cut out etc the lot on a 2.5 metre length and a 1 metre adjacent wall 3.5 k for the glass job!!!!

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
i still do loads, we must be playing catch up down here, did 4 in one week a couple of weeks ago, cant say i enjoy doing them but works work, ive even tiled a few on top of the upstands where the customer wants the walls protected, mainly new builds, which seem to be getting so tight on the amount of tiling they do, when i was on site it was allways fully tiled bathrooms/ensuites now your lucky to get a row round the bath..

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

heres a kitchen splash o the cutting DSC04075.jpg DSC04078.jpg DSC04077.jpg w

D

DHTiling

The only tiling I will do for a customer is a backsplash. Still doing some tumbled travertine and tumbled marble but seeing more and more glass tiles all the time. When I install a granite top I hate the look of the short granite backsplash (stand up).

Ray T T , whats with the line at the lamination on the granite top edgework? Is that intentional?

It is yes but personally i don't like it like that...

Reply to Kitchen splash backs, trends change. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.