Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.
  • Thread starter Billy Hunt
  • Start date
  • Replies 28
  • Views 14K
  • usa

Discuss Karndean,any of you guys do it? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

V

Vinyl man

Hi Billy

Yes m8 i specialize in the full supply prep and fitting of both Karndean and Amtico (trained in both).
If you need any help or i can help you out with an installation then please let me know.

cheers buddy

jason

B

burncross

Hi Billy

Yes m8 i specialize in the full supply prep and fitting of both Karndean and Amtico (trained in both).
If you need any help or i can help you out with an installation then please let me know.

cheers buddy

jason
How do you get info about training/fitting courses for Karndean and Amtico?
Thinking about diversifying my talents!

D

div

it is pretty straight foward doing on the flat but up the coving little more difficult ...ur heatting gun an attachments are pretty exspensive starting price £385 and up ...as for prices my work sent me on a basic 5 day course cost £400 i think ...then on job training with more exprienced guys from work but setting out much the same as tiling... addy very STRONG so wear masks.. stuff we lay is alto..flooring

U

Uheat

Hi ya,

do you need fitter only?
If you require supply and fit i have a name and number of a karndean supplier. If you would like it please PM me.

V

Vinyl man

U never ever use a heat gun, 1. u dont need it, 2. it alters the properties in the product and will almost always try and peel back off the floor.
If ur good enough u wont use 1.
the last time i looked the courses were 450 plus vat each
they run for 3 consecutive days from 9am to 5pm with 3 breaks
:yikes:

Last edited by a moderator:
D

div

so wat do u use for your welds then..we were shown 2 use the heat 2 help soften vinyl so easier 2 manouvre an manipulate in ur internal an external corners an for running ur welds when adjoining flooring and 2 soften the coving for flooring 2 slide under at top off cove ..sorry if i sound out off line here ..no offence ment but ur prob more exp. than me just the way were shown on course as for price i did think it was £400 then asked boss how much he is prob taking...colin nish...with the price when he say £1400....lol

D

DHTiling

so wat do u use for your welds then..we were shown 2 use the heat 2 help soften vinyl so easier 2 manouvre an manipulate in ur internal an external corners an for running ur welds when adjoining flooring and 2 soften the coving for flooring 2 slide under at top off cove ..sorry if i sound out off line here ..no offence ment but ur prob more exp. than me just the way were shown on course as for price i did think it was £400 then asked boss how much he is prob taking...colin nish...with the price when he say £1400....lol

I think ther Altro installation is a lot different to kardean.....and a lad i know uses a seam welder for his Altro joints...

D

div

is the seam welder an attachment u put on ur heat gun dave..we were shown how to fit using the rubber coving top an bottom coving at the course but at work we only use rubber cove at bottom an plastic at top for tiles the guys i do it with always use the heat so softon flooring as when its cold u can easly crease it when laying it into position.. again dont want 2 sound out off line lol

D

div

sorry mate got mixed up reading the threads....:dizzy2: friday night...no lager vouchers ...so stuck in house with beer left over from new year..lol

D

div

vinly man would b intersted on how u fit vinly up the cove without using any form off heat...again dont want 2 sound out off line but is a genuine ?? mate. cheers..

V

Vinyl man

sorry bout that im a dedicated karndean and amtico installer, i misunderstood u in ur original post. i thort u were talking about karndean....my mistake.
by the way u do use heat on altro, safety flooring etc

Reply to Karndean,any of you guys do it? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks