Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Is this acceptable lippage? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

OP
K
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies on this thread, it looks like my floor will be going to small claims court now. Who would be the best person to get a written report that would hold up in court? I have a report from a tiler already that I’m happy with, Ive looked into getting an expert witness report but that’s £1000 ish. Would it be worth contacting a tiler registered with The Tile Association as being a member of a body it may be stronger than a tilers report. Maybe even get another tilers report to back up the existing report?
Any help would be greatly received, also any tilers in the Glasgow/ Cumbernauld area willing to assist? (Paid for your time of course)
Thanks

D

Dumbo

Thanks for all the replies on this thread, it looks like my floor will be going to small claims court now. Who would be the best person to get a written report that would hold up in court? I have a report from a tiler already that I’m happy with, Ive looked into getting an expert witness report but that’s £1000 ish. Would it be worth contacting a tiler registered with The Tile Association as being a member of a body it may be stronger than a tilers report. Maybe even get another tilers report to back up the existing report?
Any help would be greatly received, also any tilers in the Glasgow/ Cumbernauld area willing to assist? (Paid for your time of course)
Thanks
If you're using a solicitor show him the report and see if he's happy .
Sometimes the court will appoint a independent professional witness

OP
K
Reaction score
If you're using a solicitor show him the report and see if he's happy .
Sometimes the court will appoint a independent professional witness
Not planning on using a solicitor as I feel the photos & video evidence should be enough. Just would prefer this to be backed up by someone in the trade &/or part of a body/ association.

D

Dumbo

Not planning on using a solicitor as I feel the photos & video evidence should be enough. Just would prefer this to be backed up by someone in the trade &/or part of a body/ association.
Court is a funny place , representing yourself in court can be looked upon as being disrespectful to the people that have studied law to be there and go against you .

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Depends how much you want to spend, the TTA report will stand up in court.

Also even if you win in the small claims court , doesn't mean you’ll get anything back , as in a lump sum. The tiler might not have the ability to pay in full and could just pay , say a £10 a month.

Reaction score
Small claims is meant to be done without a solicitor. It won't go against you be on your own provided you put your case properly. I suggest getting a copy of the british standard to show the work is not acceptable. Does anyone know where it can be got from, or even the previous version for reference?

OP
K
Reaction score
Depends how much you want to spend, the TTA report will stand up in court.

Also even if you win in the small claims court , doesn't mean you’ll get anything back , as in a lump sum. The tiler might not have the ability to pay in full and could just pay , say a £10 a month.
Any idea how much a TTA report would cost? Would be happy to spend £ on this as you can add it to your claim ( just off phone to trading standards)
£10 a month is fine, it’s not so much about the £ it’s more about being right & not letting him get away with doing a shoddy job.
[automerge]1576084489[/automerge]
Small claims is meant to be done without a solicitor. It won't go against you be on your own provided you put your case properly. I suggest getting a copy of the british standard to show the work is not acceptable. Does anyone know where it can be got from, or even the previous version for reference?
That’s a good suggestion! Thank you I’ll definitely get a copy somewhere. Anyone on here have access to it? Send me a copy (will pay £) 🙂

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Any idea how much a TTA report would cost? Would be happy to spend £ on this as you can add it to your claim ( just off phone to trading standards)
£10 a month is fine, it’s not so much about the £ it’s more about being right & not letting him get away with doing a shoddy job.

That’s a good suggestion! Thank you I’ll definitely get a copy somewhere. Anyone on here have access to it? Send me a copy (will pay £) 🙂

TTA is around the £1000 mark.

D

Dumbo

Check public libraries, some have bs 5385 for you to look at .
But as I said before it's not law it's not even building regs

Reply to Is this acceptable lippage? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock