Search the forum,

Discuss In your opinion who makes the best tiler nippers??? in the Tile Retail | Wholesale | Import / Export Tile area at TilersForums.com.

B

bugs183

I seem to finding my trusty Rubi nippers are not lasting very long, most of my cuts are wet sawn, but when tweaking i use the Rubi's, used to use Bal, but they were not a path on Rubi. Has anyone found another make they are impressed with?? Has anyone tried Karl Dahm?

O

Olz

Mine current set are rubi but they are showing signs of wear now. There a couple of years old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

Time's Ran Out

My first 'tile nippers' where pinchers from a second hand shop many years ago. Now I use Gemini as they are competitively priced and seem to last as long as most, unless you try to use them on half inch quarries or hard porcelain - just glad we have angle grinders and diamond blades now.

G

Gazzer

Still rate the Rubi nippers but you can sometimes get a bad pair...my last set are still going strong after 2 years but as already said its probably down to them getting less use with other methods now more in use such as the angle grinder.

P

Peter

My current ones are made by Draper, I think. Got them about 3 years ago and still got a full set of teeth after cutting round many toilet pans and pulling out the odd nail.

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but as a general rule of thumb the ones with the blue handles seem to wear far better than red handled brands. Not sure if these tool companies actually make their own or if they're all buying unbranded nippers from Taiwan and putting them in their own packaging. Either way, any red pair I've had has been ready for the bin after a year.

Reply to In your opinion who makes the best tiler nippers??? in the Tile Retail | Wholesale | Import / Export Tile area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen