Search the forum,

Discuss How to tile round 'L' shaped rad valves? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

dingabell

Tiling a bathroom which has rad valves which come out of the wall a couple of inches then turn upwards in an 'L' shape if that makes sense? Can't really figure how to tile round these without slotting the tile and putting the piece back in, or starting a tile halfway up the pipe which comes out of the wall. This would mean cutting a semi circle out of the top of one tile and the bottom of another, which would look cleaner but might not work with the rest of the walls? How have you all done it?

D

dingabell

Update. Looks like I can have the grout line through the center of the valves in the bathroom. The ensuite will have a small cut in it which should just be covered by the radiator collars in the en suite. Result. To be fair to the plumber, the customer is looking to save money on everything so he's probably been told to do the minimum so I can tile it. Probably didn't even give the valves a thought. Working tomorrow (yay!) So will show the customer what I'll have to do. It's funny really because what most of us would consider unacceptable, a lot of customers wouldn't even notice.

Reply to How to tile round 'L' shaped rad valves? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

Advertisement

Birthdays