Search the forum,

Discuss How should my bathroom tile be laid out? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

Waluigi

Yes those slithers would irritate me.

Personally I would welcome these decisions to be made on my behalf when I came to tile a room.

I’ve worked out the tiling with customers a few times and it takes a long time to empty your brain out and explain why things are done a certain way. Also sometimes it’s good to get a customers perspectives

A

Andy Smith

Exactly. I’m totally happy to listen to the thoughts of the professionals - they know a lot better than I do, which is why I’m on here. :)

I’m also happy to take 100% responsibility for the decisions that are made when it comes to details - as long as I’m given a chance to hear and understand them first.

The last tiler was clearly out of his depth and/or rushed the job. So the new tiler has specifically requested that he and I run through all the decision points together so that we can agree on everything so there’s no surprises for anyone. It’s taking a chunk of my time to do that but I’m more than happy to trade my time for a well-done job - especially if it reduces stress on all sides.

I’m going to post photos of the current tile job shortly so I’ll put a link in here. I’m more than happy for everyone to offer their opinion as to whether I’m just being fussy. :)

W

Waluigi

Decisions should be made together, sometimes.

You can soon tell the types of customer that employ you purely for you to make the decisions as the professional and those who take an interest and then those who need to know every last cut.

It doesn’t really bother me although sometimes it can take a disproportionate amount of time to work things out. Usually it’s many decisions throughout a compete refit so can slow the job down.

W

Waluigi

Yes it’s dissapointing when you see stuff like that.

I visit a lot of domestic properties and find poor tiling in the vast majority. Most run of the mill tilers don’t have high standards.

S

Spare Tool

How about getting a feature tile strip running vertical and centered up the valve which would allow you to centre sink and window, which to me is the focal point, just a thought..

T

Time's Ran Out

Yes it’s dissapointing when you see stuff like that.

I visit a lot of domestic properties and find poor tiling in the vast majority. Most run of the mill tilers don’t have high standards.

Comments like this really annoy me!

Reply to How should my bathroom tile be laid out? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen