Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss hi all in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
This is my first of many no doubt and your advice would be greatly appreciated.
I've just been to price my first private job as i've always worked for company's.
Turns out to be 40 odd meters on the walls and around 8 for floors, problem is the tiles are to be imported egyptian marble and i don't know the size yet.
It's clear that the builders are average and lacking a little professionalism because they want a ball park price.
I'm a little uncomfortable with this but need the work, so without knowing the size of the tiles what can i price including https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/, was thinking around 50 walls and 55 floors any suggestions.
My obvious problem is being new to the market so i can't go in too high nor can i afford to be too low....... help!:confused:

OP
L

L & R CERAMICS

if i were you kiddo id ask if you could hang on and see what these materials are for sure,obviously you will have to use a required glue and yes you need to know the sizes ,what are the walls like ,are they newly plastered and flat and also the floors do you need to screed them,some times its better to wait so you dont go in too cheap and itll make you look better,just point out its the materials that you need to see,as for a price id check the prices of the required glue as well as for price ,off the books i would be looking at £25 a metre on the floors and depending what the walls are like ,loads of units to cut round stuff like that probably the same again ,

OP
A

always problems

thanks

the walls are fairly true with the exception of two masonary, the floors will be overboarded and as far as i can remember marble fix is about 24 a bag plus wages for someone running outside to use the wet cutter, so my price would need to take this into consideration and of course a thick bed of https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/.
are you saying 25 plus materials.
i'm really confused now could you get back to me if pos please.

OP
L

L & R CERAMICS

Re: thanks

if this is your first job and you suggest these are ropey builders ,if i were you supply the gear but ask for the money back upon delivery ,make some excuse up like you got it on your visa and you need it to supply another job,either way you want your money before you start,i suggested 25 a meter cash but as a business i can charge around the 35 pound mark to fit only but i give a call back guarantee or a rip up and replace ,then youve got your glue on top so if its a ten meter bag / by 25=2.50 so youll add that on to your 25 notes and do it that way but then if youve got to bed out youll use more glue so youll have to buy more to back it up kiddo, same with your grout and any polish /sealer that you use ,let us know how u get on,anymore probs i think this will be a good place for further advice or send me a private message with your mobile number if its urgent

OP
A

always problems

i've decided on a final price

well until the situation changes anyhoo.
thanks for taking the time to type it's great to have an experienced perspective.
This site is a fantastic idea.

OP
L

L & R CERAMICS

we arent pervs or nothing on here but if admin could make it a bit easier with the directions around the forum you can actually contact anyone on here with a private message if u are stuck by clicking on the name in top left corner of message box and select user profile and its down there on the right , cheers

OP
C

Concept PHT

You will need to check the thickness of the tiles too, as the standard is something like 20kg per metre squared. Anything heavier than that and it will pull the plaster off the walls etc.

I would go for 40 per metre squared. This doesn't include the cost of the https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ etc. It covers you for your labourer then too.

And make sure your cutters are big enough for the tiles.... ;)

Reply to hi all in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock