Search the forum,

Discuss Hi all... Help sealing/enhancing honed sandstone in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

gary1

Hi all and thanks in advance for any advice you might be able to give me on this. We have just done an outside patio area of about 75 2sqm of honed sandstone and im looking for a good sealer/colour enhancer.Because it such a large area and my budget is limited could somebody recommend a reasonable to good product and the approx amount im going to need.also as it just been laid but a new lawn is being done as well do i need to thoroughly clean it before applying the sealer.
Thanks again.
Gary

F

faithhealer

can't be specific for you gary but LTP are very good sealers as are lithofin and Aquamix. A one litre bottle says betweem 10 and 30 mts depending on Porosity so you are looking at a 5 lt bottle minimum. If you buy cheap you will be wasting your money. Wher are you at Gary and somebody might know a local supplier for you

G

gary1

Hi Faith
thanks for the reply.i live in Beckenham Kent.
I dont mind getting a top quality product if say i could get away with 5/10 litres. i see that a lot of poeple recommend Aqua Mix - Enrich'N'Seal 946ml (1 quart) but because of the quantity that i need i think this would be out of my budget. regards

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

can't be specific for you gary but LTP are very good sealers as are lithofin and Aquamix. A one litre bottle says betweem 10 and 30 mts depending on Porosity so you are looking at a 5 lt bottle minimum. If you buy cheap you will be wasting your money. Wher are you at Gary and somebody might know a local supplier for you

Ditto, :welcome:

D

DHTiling

LTP Colour Intensifier and Stainblock

Description: Suitable for sealing wall and floor tiles and enhancing the natural colours, characteristics and appearance of travertine, quarry tiles, terracotta, brick, slate, flagstones, limestone, granite work-tops and tiles, terrazzo etc. with a matt finish. Provides effective resistance to staining from coffee, wine and other domestic fluids. Performs well in wet areas, including bathrooms and swimming pool surrounds. Maintain with LTP Waxwash on floors and LTP Stonewash on walls.

Tips: Suitable for interior and exterior use and on floors that have no damp proof course.

Technical Data Sheet (PDF)

Buy direct>> LTP Online | Sealing Products

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Hi all... Help sealing/enhancing honed sandstone in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen