Search the forum,

Discuss Hey Tilers! Need some advise on fitting mecanical fitted tiles. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

specktileLtd

these are large format porcelain 30mm thick 1200x600mm that need to be fitted to walls. needed some advise on were to find best fittings. cheers

S

specktileLtd

they are pretty heavy about the same weight as a fire door each. anyone done any mechanical fitting before. cheers for the welcome

nybor62

TF
Reaction score
welcome to the forum

i have mechanicaly fixed a few times but never with porcelain, all ways with marble, what height are you tiling up to

S

specktileLtd

Being fixed 2.8 i will guess its the same techniques. but were would you get fittings from. i have spoken to a fitter who explained if the fittings are not specified then he knows how to construct fittings from wires. he went more in dept explaining about drilling and inserting resin to strengthen joints but i just offered him a space on the project. does this sound right to you from your experience. can they be made. how do you go about doing this.

S

specktileLtd

sorry forgot to mention this is internal so therefore no risk of wind just a matter of load bearing

Reply to Hey Tilers! Need some advise on fitting mecanical fitted tiles. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen