Currently reading:
Help with Shower refit , first attempt at aqua panel installation, please .

Discuss Help with Shower refit , first attempt at aqua panel installation, please . in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Davesax

I haven't removed the tiles yet but judging by the state of the grout/ silicon and the wall the other side of the shower , the substrate will need removing ( plaster board one wall and thin ply the other ) and I have recommended replacement with aqua panel .
I'm not afraid to say that in principal i'm fairly clear of what I need to do but would really appreciate a couple of pointers on the following before I start the job .

I have used aqua panel on the floor before ( from tile giant ) I think it was 10 mm , is this the same stuff to use ?.
What are the best screws to use to the stud walls and are raw plugs necessary?
Plaster board tape and tanking for where sheets meet and anywhere around shower tray that mat need it .
How many screws at what centres?

The tile is an 8mm 300x300 ceramic - am I right in thinking this is fine for aqua panel.

Thanks for any help at all.

Cheers

Dave:thumbsup:

D

diamondtiling

Hi Dave, your tiles will be fine on the aqua panels mate, they can take around 45 kilos I think although it may be 50, I will have to check my book.
Aqua panel is usually 12.5 mm so that it joins perfectly with plaster boarded areas. The screws are zinc coated and come with large washers. You can screw straight into your stud work but silicone all holes to be on the safe side. You can also silicone or tape the joints and corners. Leave a small 3mm gap around the shower tray and fill with silicone.
No primer is required for the aqua panels. I use tanking tape rather than plaster joint tape.
Screws should be 200mm centres, thats my choice anyway, some might say 300mm.

:thumbsup:

Reply to Help with Shower refit , first attempt at aqua panel installation, please . in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am planning to tile a full height panel of split face tiles to sit 3” behind a log burner on a plaster render on blockwork wall. I’m planning to score and scrape the paint off the...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.