Currently reading:
Having trouble with the last bit of my floor - advice

Discuss Having trouble with the last bit of my floor - advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

John the tile

Hy,

Im having trouble removing the bitumen from the last 2.5sqm of a kitchen floor. Ive removed all the marley tiles. This particular area I think was tiled at a different era from the rest of the kitchen. The adhesive that is left is thick guwy stuff, but is proving difficult to remove and is hard to scrape as the concrete is bobbly.

Ive searched the net and found a couple of websites that sell bitumen removal stuff/ liquids, without naming any names, has anybody heard of any and are they any good.

Or any advice for getting this last area of bitumen up...or what to do.

Thanks

E

enduro

Get one of these from www.tradetiler.co.uk cupped-wheel220.jpg It goes onto an angle grinder.

Reply to Having trouble with the last bit of my floor - advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them professionally laid. At the time I asked if they needed sealing. The tiler told me since they were...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.