Search the forum,

Discuss Granfix Bahama Beige Grout Gone Patchy in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

clipboard2008

Hi

Wonder if anyone can help me regarding an issue I have with a customers grout.

We used Granfix Bahama Beige as the customer was happy with the way it blended with the tile. However when it has dried out some of it still looks darker than other parts and obviously the customer isn't very happy

I've had no other grout problems and never seen this before so
a) does anyone know why this has happened so I can make sure it doesn't happen again?
b) any suggestions on fixing the issue?

Thanks in advance

D

DHTiling

Hi..

It can be a number of issues.

1: incorrect mixing, this can be water content ot not allowing the grout to slake then re-mix once polymers are active and pigments blended.

2: Using too much water when washing off.. over wetting.. this can cause polymers too lift and lighten the grout in certain parts of it etc.

2: Still a water issue when washing off but not changing the water often enough and dirty water contains grout residue and this along with polymers have leached and clung in the grout joint.

You can try using a grout residue remover and a white scotch type pad and scrub the joints to try and remove residue.. if this doesn't work then it is a rake out..

Reply to Granfix Bahama Beige Grout Gone Patchy in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen