Search the forum,

Discuss Glass Mosaic cutting blade, advice needed please. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

O

Old Mod

Well I've seemed to have lost a post somehow? *scratches head!*
i realised that u had sent a link in your first post, thank you Whitebeam. I didn't see it initially, was using my phone and couldn't see it properly!
And that'd be great ATS. I buy new blades frequently. And I'm always looking for blades with longevity, and getting advice on here will hopefully save me money and get you a new customer!
Thanks again guys.
I shall order the Montolit tonight
cheers. .

C

Concrete guy

OK, I've found the factory that makes these glass blades.

What I need to know is what sizes would be required? I assume these are generally going to be small items used in grinders or polisher grinders?

O

Old Mod

OK, I've found the factory that makes these glass blades.

What I need to know is what sizes would be required? I assume these are generally going to be small items used in grinders or polisher grinders?
hi Alan,
wow that was quick! Excellent, yeah for myself, angle grinder size..
cheers

C

Concrete guy

Don't go getting excited just yet!

I've actually found two factories who produce these blades.

Finding who makes them and actually getting the order here takes a while, we'll not have any of these until new year.

We'll also probably need to test some first too, mainly as we've been given three price structures.

Export, Premium & Economy - The price varies substantially, so we need to figure out of export quality is actually twice as good as premium and four times as good as economy.

I'll update as we proceed.

O

Old Mod

Haha ok no worries Alan, just browsed your catalogue, there's definitely a few things there of interest to me. Namely the mitre and bullnose profile bits and the thin continuous rim fine porcelain blade. Does it come in 180 tho? It wasn't listed I know, but I thought I'd ask anyway.
cheers.

C

Concrete guy

Haha ok no worries Alan, just browsed your catalogue, there's definitely a few things there of interest to me. Namely the mitre and bullnose profile bits and the thin continuous rim fine porcelain blade. Does it come in 180 tho? It wasn't listed I know, but I thought I'd ask anyway.
cheers.

We stock the regular 180mm continuous rim blade, but the turbo thin we're working on.

We have some test versions of the 180 turbo probably arriving next week. We've found the flange snags on some table saws (which is going to be the most common use for a blade of this size) so we've got some coming in without the flange.

O

Old Mod

My 180 fits to my Rubi TC180, that's good news, so I'll watch this space then!
Thanks.

Q

Qwerty

You know where to come for thorough testing Alan ;) Still got to get those cores tested on glass yet!!!

O

Old Mod

Reply to Glass Mosaic cutting blade, advice needed please. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen