Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Glass Mosaic cutting blade, advice needed please. in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

Old Mod

Hi all.
i'd like some advice please.
I'm about to undertake a 50m2 glass mosaic job made up of 35m2 of 20x20 (35m2) and 16m2 (10x10).
Can anyone pease advise me on an excellent quality cutting blade for either a angle grinder (Flex grinder/polisher) or a 200mm wet cutting blade?
Cheers everyone!

C

Concrete guy

We've been asked twice this week for a product to cut glass. Is this a common problem?

W

White Room

I know it's been said that a slow speed grinder would be better as the speed from a standard grinder can cause the glass mosaic to shatter....

O

Old Mod

Thank you, nxt day delivery from whom? I'll place an order.
I have a variable speed flex so the slow speed I can do thank you for that.
Yeah in hindsight bit daft thinking I could use wet cutter. My last mosaic job was still in my head, which was original style tumbled glass, but they were 50x50 and were big enough to comfortably do on wet machine.
View attachment 55824
Appreciate that Whitebeam.

C

Concrete guy

Bisazza sell a similar blade....

Yes they do, I'll know tomorrow who makes it and I'll see if it's something we can stock.

The demand for this type of product seems to be increasing. It certainly seems like a handy item for the toolkit as I can't imagine they are all that expensive.

O

Old Mod

For an angle grinder I have one of these Montolit CG115 PRO-GRES 115mm Diamond Wheel / Blade (22.2mm bore) £34.99 in stock - next day UK delivery

Would'nt be using a wet cutter for mosaic on a mesh backing, there'll start separating with all that water.
Thanks for that guys, great stuff.
Sorry realised my deliberate mistake Whitebeam (sorry don't know your name yet!) u actually posted link. Haha on my phone didn't see at first.
And thank you ATS, well getting good quality first time is a struggle. And as I virtually buy a least one blade per job it can result in expensive mistakes. But getting first hand knowledge from guys on here who have found the right blade hopefully will save me some money! Kool.

O

Old Mod

Yes they do, I'll know tomorrow who makes it and I'll see if it's something we can stock.

The demand for this type of product seems to be increasing. It certainly seems like a handy item for the toolkit as I can't imagine they are all that expensive.
Looks like u've picked up another customer then!
Cheers!

O

Old Mod

Well I've seemed to have lost a post somehow? *scratches head!*
i realised that u had sent a link in your first post, thank you Whitebeam. I didn't see it initially, was using my phone and couldn't see it properly!
And that'd be great ATS. I buy new blades frequently. And I'm always looking for blades with longevity, and getting advice on here will hopefully save me money and get you a new customer!
Thanks again guys.
I shall order the Montolit tonight
cheers. .

C

Concrete guy

OK, I've found the factory that makes these glass blades.

What I need to know is what sizes would be required? I assume these are generally going to be small items used in grinders or polisher grinders?

O

Old Mod

OK, I've found the factory that makes these glass blades.

What I need to know is what sizes would be required? I assume these are generally going to be small items used in grinders or polisher grinders?
hi Alan,
wow that was quick! Excellent, yeah for myself, angle grinder size..
cheers

C

Concrete guy

Don't go getting excited just yet!

I've actually found two factories who produce these blades.

Finding who makes them and actually getting the order here takes a while, we'll not have any of these until new year.

We'll also probably need to test some first too, mainly as we've been given three price structures.

Export, Premium & Economy - The price varies substantially, so we need to figure out of export quality is actually twice as good as premium and four times as good as economy.

I'll update as we proceed.

O

Old Mod

Haha ok no worries Alan, just browsed your catalogue, there's definitely a few things there of interest to me. Namely the mitre and bullnose profile bits and the thin continuous rim fine porcelain blade. Does it come in 180 tho? It wasn't listed I know, but I thought I'd ask anyway.
cheers.

Reply to Glass Mosaic cutting blade, advice needed please. in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks