Search the forum,

Discuss Funny conversation in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

penno

Phone rang before and a young lady asked me if i could do a quote.
"sure let me take some details and we can sort out a time and date for me to come and have a look"

"errrrmmm well could you do it over the phone? would like to know what you charge per sqm"

"totally varied depends on many things, awkwerd cuts, types of tiles etc etc so i really could not give an accurate price over the phone"

"well err (sound of voice totally changed) im an old lady and i don't really want people just coming into my house"

"well a bit of a problem cause as i said there is no way i can give an accurate price without looking"

"ok i will phone around some other places and may get back to you"

The woman totally changed her voice pretending to be old
Me smells another tiler trying to find out my prices :)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, watch our for that. Wise move. Next you'll be popping round to a tilers wife to give her a quote on a job that doesn't need doing, when they find out the phone thing doesn't work.

If you KNEW it was a tilers' wife you should say oh £3.20 a meter including materials we get these days on average duck.

They really should just pop on here and checkout the pricing quides in the Professionals chat forum. :D:D

L

LEWIS

I've had a few calls like that relating to insurance work, gone round given a quote just a hubby pulls up in his tiling van.

I now say for insurance work " yes i'd love to pop round and give you a price, i charge £35.00 for an insurance quote which is deducted from my final invoice - do you still want me to come round" the genuine enquiries have no problem with this.

Dan's right why dont they use this forum - FOOL'S!

Reply to Funny conversation in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen