Search the forum,

Discuss Fuel prices!!!!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

davy_G

Thats a good idea Fekin, id like to know the economics of buying the kit??
As for the van crushing I hear alot of stories but dont know anyone who has been in that situation. I think the powers that be put out alot of bad press about red diesel etc. I have a £20K tractor with a state of the art engine, a digger and and old tractor running on red for years with no problems, yet I hear folk saying it is bad for performance engines. Its all about risk, profit Vs loss, peace of mind Vs worry and if its a private car or company van on costs.?

F

Fekin

A few Biodiesel facts.

The government recently announced that each person can produce up to 2,500 litres of Biodiesel per year tax free.

Biodiesel is a perfectly suitable replacement for fossil diesel, in fact it has better lubrication qualities than fossil diesel and recent tests by Porsche on behalf of Mercedes proclaimed that the qualities of Biodiesel could extend an engines life considerably.

As well as being a good lubricant Biodiesel acts as a solvent and cleans out the contaminants and dirt left by fossil diesel in your engine, these are deposited on your fuel filter, so we recommend that when you start to use Biodiesel you should change your filter after the first few hundred miles.
Each car manufacturer has their own recommendations as to whether you can use 100% or a mixture of biodiesel and fossil diesel, German manufacturers tend to be a lot more clued up about its use as it is widely available at the pump in Germany.
For those still unsure about putting 100% biodiesel in your car it mixes perfectly well with fossil diesel so you could try that first. A reputable supplier will provide you with a good quality biodiesel and any advice you require.

We are currently building a database of customers and which vehicles they run on biodiesel and will be publishing it on our new website.

At Ecotec Resources we have spent the past 3 years developing our domestic processor range and training people to produce a high quality biodiesel.
We manufacture and sell domestic biodiesel processors from 50 litre units to 200 litre units, as seen on our website, and sell all the products associated with Biodiesel production such as Methanol, Caustic Soda, Titration kits etc. We also sell extra storage tanks, waste drums, dispensing pumps, hoses and dispensing nozzles, basically, anything you require.

Production costs at domestic level work out at approximately 12p per litre plus the cost of your oil. If you collect your own from local chip shops, cafes or restaurants (currently they have to pay people to take it away) you could get it for free. If you buy in recycled oil, there are good reputable waste oil dealers throughout the country and your total production costs per litre should not exceed about 45p, considerably cheaper than fossil diesel!

As well as manufacturing we run a training school where we teach people the basics of biodiesel production, from oil titration through to production and quality testing as well as providing a substantial back up service.

We also build small to very large commercial Biodiesel plants which we have exported around the world and provide an advisory and technical service to those already in production.
We are currently installing a large plant in Sierra Leone which we are expecting to be opened, in early September.

Aside from its better running qualities, it is, more importantly, better for the environment, biodiesel is biodegradable and non-toxic, and typically produces about 60% less net carbon dioxide emissions than petroleum-based diesel, as it is itself produced from atmospheric carbon dioxide via photosynthesis in plants.

The process for making biodiesel is simple and non time consuming, with each processor purchase we give you full training and back up, our aim is to enable you to produce a top quality eco friendly fuel for your car.

G

grumpygrouter

Don't want to upset the biodiesel applecart guys, but there is a bit more to it than jus putting it in your tank. Although "most" diesel engines will run fine on biodiesel some won't and, more importantly, and this is significant, even though the engines that do actually run perfectly well on bio fuel, the tanks, hoses and gaskets may react badly with boi fules and rot away.

This is the voice of experience, being involved from inception with a small diesel off road vehicle. We selected what is probably the best small diesel engine in the world for our vehicle (German manufacture) and to run it on bio fuel requires changes to the tank, feed hose and some seals and gaskets. The engine would run perfectly well untill the feed hose rotted away and only supplied fuel to the floor!

Just proceed with a little caution.

Grumpy

A

alberttrotter1

Dear forum,
I live near Dartford tunnel (Northside) and in my area it is currently £101/103.
Pretty disgusting.
I would like to know how when i visit my family in southern Spain, they manage to moan because deisel goes up a few cents - I think they currently pay about 90 cents a litre - That is less than 1 euro a litre which in English is about 60/70 pence.
How do they do it???????

As i currently work in full time security and there are many people in my building from different countries, i am always hearing about pouring neat, new vegitable oil in the tank - Now having looked into this, it would appear that it is possible to do this without having to fit an expensive conversion kit, however DO NOT go out and fill up completly - You can start on about a 20% veg oil - 80% deisel mix.
I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANYONE TRYING THIS - But would advise looking into it. There are also rules with paying fuel tax on it with customs, but it will still work out to about 20/30 pence a litre cheaper.

If anyone has tried it with success, please let us know.
also, how come every other european country manages to have nation wide strikes until the goverment reduce the fuel prices, but this country continues to allow the powers that be to rob us blind - Come everybody - How many of you rely on the use of a vehicle to ddo your job to support your families??????

R

Ric

well, bar building an oil refinary in the back garden looks like stuck with s**t prices! you either go to the pumps and fill up or the motor stays at home ( really don't think i would be comfortable making my own or tipping veg oil in van). If i go to buy a pair of jeans from, say Next, i can expect to pay around 35 quid. Now i could go online and bid for a similar pair on an auction site and get them for 99p + p&p! why can't i do something similar with fuel?(yes i know it would be silly to post Diesel, think you know what i mean) because the government take us all for a ride upping taxes whilst continually giving a poor services in return! fortnightly bin pick ups, crap nhs service, centralise this centralise that!!! wtf do they do with our money anyway??? sorry for rant:yawn: but think you get point

R

Rad2474

Most of what we pay for fuel is tax! why! cos the biggest payout bill the government has is benefits,it's about time the government really cracked down on the amount of people not bothering to work and paying out for everything indefinatley,should be a limit on benefit and if you ain't paid in you don't get out.Just go to any town on market day and see all the late teens early twenty's lads pushing a pushchair around makes my blood boil.:mad2:

Reply to Fuel prices!!!!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.