Discuss ford transit or the vauxhall vivaro? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

floorsandwalls

best engine ever for ford which was fitted in model was the duratec other than that the rest was sorry to say ****

F

floorsandwalls

think the main thing people never look at is how you drive and look after your vans. my last van was a iveco turbostar daily on a 99 plate with 600000 on the clock and it never let me down not once and my old van is still going.dont think it matters what van you buy it does matter how you care for it. its there to make you money so dont take it for granted.

D

Derry

its a matter of opinion. everyone will tell you different and its a case of suits you best..

but if you're asking me - go for the ford everytime :thumbsup:

B

BDS

they all have good and bad points,just havn`t found any bad points with mine yet and when i got my traffic was the cheapest on the market by far even with all the extras i had put on from factory,my mate bought a brand new tranny the same time i did saying it was the best on the market low and behold he`s had nothing but prob`s with it but as i said in previous post you will get good and bad in any van/car best way to see witch van/vans your best with or you like the best is go into dealers and test drive them and not just for a quick 10 min drive round the block the end of the we spend considerable lenghs of time in our vans so get the best for you and your job/situation needs

B

BDS

And yes my friend has ocd(or what ever its called)so his van is looked after as much as his brand new bmw so not down to not looking after it :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 1779

I was thinking of the ex-aa vans because they are in the company colours and rebadging it with the 365DRILLS logo

a53b_1.JPG

They have AA towbars on the back so great for towing my SMART car. Plenty of room for the exhibition stand / stock.

Downside is they have done starship miles and hold their price. This A reg is £4500.

T

trev

Great thread this, looking at a new van meself. Transit, Vivaro, or Traffic? The look of a van does sway me and i lean towards the Vivaro, but can be expensive. The Traffic looks similar and a littlle cheeper so.......? While the Transit, well, just think the gearshift looks a bit dated? might just be me being picky. I know it's supposed to be a work vehicle but we are in them a lot so might as well enjoy the experiance?:yes::thumbsup:

Great thread,will monitor. :thumbsup:

F

floorsandwalls

new 1.9 transits are prone for head failure once again men ive got both o6 vivaro and 55 transit vivaro done 100000 and not one problem transit done half that and been in to dealers twice for repairs.and trying to get full respray due to rust on chasis vivaro people

C

cornish_crofter

The Trafic/Primastar is very nice to drive. It is very responsive and even my 100bhp (1.9) on a long wheel base with about 1/2 a ton of tools in the back holds its own quite well.

One of the reasons I bought a new van a few years ago is because I thought I may be working further a field more. As it happened I didn't, but I'm glad I spent the money, even though I haven't been totally impressed with what I've got.

I'm always of the view that if you buy new, get as good a deal as possible, you don't get the chance to haggle over expensive repairs.

G

guy1976

think you need to check your info the chassis and engine are gm nissan and renault just put there little bits on
the whole van is make in barcelona by nissan and then shipped to the different dealers who put there badges on them be it nissan,renult,or vauxhall they are all the same vans

F

floorsandwalls

get it chipped its even better mines running at 170bhp fuel good it will do 145 i will buy another vivaro next year and get rid of the transit

F

floorsandwalls

only the chasis the engines are dealer s own which as it goes is a pug engine

B

BDS

actually i`ve got a down side to my van but it was my fault didn`t realise i`d be doing so much of 2 trades,i`d wished i got the medium wheel base cos as i`m a plumber/tiler with far to many tools and stock and what with picking up parts and tiles for customers which i dont mind,it usually ends up pointing towards the sky :lol::lol::lol: but the engine still pulls even fully loaded :thumbsup:

B

BDS

theres a few differences ie engines dash boards stupid little things but on the whole there the same chassis/lights etc etc etc dealers put there own little touches like nissan`s come standard with reverse sensors,etc etc etc

Reply to ford transit or the vauxhall vivaro? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Marley