Search the forum,

Discuss For those that do........Don't in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0LCmStIw9E]YouTube - PSA Texting while Driving U.K. Ad [HD][/ame]

H

hillhead

And i thought i was well on! Beer gud tonight

Last edited by a moderator:
D

david campbell

would make a cracking t.v ad,as everyone has answered a phone or text while driving at some point,and there's so many people you see on the motorway driving for miles at 70mph texting or chatting away,i drove down to doncaster and back today and there was plenty of people doing excessive speeds while using mobiles(i'm talking about over 100mph:yikes:)

D

doug boardley

it really gets me when you see parents doing school run and they're on their mobiles, for christs sake there's kids all over the place and these "adults" are attempting to drive, phone, and look out for kids on the road/pavement:mad2:

W

White Room

Will it be seen on tv, it should be, will anyone take any notice probably not

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
This is the write up on it :thumbsup:

Tredegar Comprehensive School and Gwent Police (Gwent is located in south-east Wales,UK) present a half hour drama entitled 'COW' --The film that will stop you from texting and driving," with SPECIAL EFFECTS BY ZIPLINE CREATIVE Zipline Creative - Creative Multimedia Production (this is a trailer video)

COW: Its all about Cassie COWan a nice girl from a Gwent valleys family who kills four people on the road because she used her mobile and lost her concentration for a few seconds. Gwent police is proud to have helped Brynmawr filmmaker Peter Watkins- Hughes in the production, which stars local drama students Jenny Davies as Cassie, and Amy Ingram and Laura Quantick as her friends, Emm and Jules.

It is hoped this film will become part of the core schools programme across Wales and the UK and ultimately worldwide.

Gwent Police facilitated the films crash scenes because we want to stop ALL drivers, but particularly young and new ones, from causing accidents.

Over 300 teenagers from all over Wales were auditioned to take part in the film, nine police vehicles were involved and both the police and air ambulance helicopters featured.

State of the art digital special effects were utilised to show the impact of what would happen inside the car during impact. 

Lyn Samuel, School Liaison Coordinator for Gwent Police said: We worked closely with the production team including the University of Wales Newport, Tredegar Comprehensive School and local partners including the council and Probation Service. The result is a very impactive road safety educational tool to help reduce the number of collisions involving young drivers across Wales. Chief Inspector John Pavett from Gwent Police Roads Policing Unit hopes the serious message in this film will hit home to viewers:

Making and receiving calls and texting whilst driving is still happening on roads not just in Gwent but all over the country"

Seeing a scenario, like the one Cassie goes through, played out right before your eyes makes you realise how extremely dangerous it can be and what devastating consequences it can have.

I hope that after watching this film motorists will think twice before picking up their mobile phone when behind the wheel and realise that a quick reply to a text message or answering a phone call is never worth putting theirs and other peoples lives at risk.

W

White Room

To be honest they need to more graphic then people will start talking, listening and taking notice

F

faithhealer

Heard them talking about this on the radio yesterday, should be a tv advert!

C

Colour Republic

To be honest they need to more graphic then people will start talking, listening and taking notice

I know what you're saying but for me this sort of thing works better, road safety ads have been getting more graphic for a number of years now, but you know it's just cgi so whilst its very uneasy to watch it's out of your head within a few minutes. Where for me this stays with you for much longer because they humanise those involved, it makes you ask questions of yourself and also makes you aware of the impact on the families of the victims if that’s the right word.

Aparently they made the full length version for only £10k!! if this film had been made by the department of transport the tax payer would have been looking at a bill for around 500k no doubt.

Reply to For those that do........Don't in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen