Discuss Floor heights , laying mosaics on concrete slab in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I’ve a fairly basic question I thinks, hope someone can help me out with.
I’m going to be laying some mosaics on a foot path leading to my front door but before I can do that I need to lay a new concrete slap to get a gradient from door to public footpath height.
I’m struggling with getting that slab at the right height to get a nice finished floor height where you walk in.
My tile is 0.7mm, durabase says it’s 3mm, I’m going use 4mm nothched which will be used to lay durabase matting and to lay tile. But when laying durabase your meant to press the matting firmly into thin coat and also the same prob for mosaics and in order to get a level height I just need to know to what height I need to lay slab to to give me height to lay tiles to a level floor?
14mm , 16mm , just not sure how think these will be once actually laid. Any assistance would be grateful from experience.

Regards
Chris

Reply to Floor heights , laying mosaics on concrete slab in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks