Search the forum,

Discuss Floor grout type, colours and advice in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

DJM

So we were decided to go for anthracite 114 or black 120, but then I read so many posts about black being a nightmare to work with and light tiles getting stained that we are now backing away from that.

Should we be worried going for dark / black grout - especially as the tiles are old and not quite as smooth as they would have been new. Or do we just live with a lighter grey

R

Rookery

I'd probably choose Map 113 as being a good compromise. If you wanted to use 114 or 120 and I understand why, you could always put some pre-grouting sealer on first to try & prevent the grout staining the tiles.

D

DJM

Thanks for the replies. Whilst i think black would be a good answer, if tilers would prefer not to use it, then I think I'ss steer clear.

So had a look at Ardex and their Antique Ivory looks a very similar colour to the the light tile so thought that would be a good choice. I know it's light, but if a good match to one of the tiles, then shouldnt stand out.
Problem is that either I get 10 Kgs of it from a local stockist which is about 8 or 9 more than I need, or I order 2.5 Kg online and pay as much as 10 Kgs in delivery costs.

Oh well might just have to go with a Map grey

W

Wes

Hi djm I agree with tommythetiler natural grey or mid grey grout 3000.
Pity your not closer to me got loads of part bags of grout 3000 knocking about in garage.

D

DJM

Wes,
Thanks for the thought

SWMBO isn't keen on grey
I have found a stockist with 2.5 Kg of Ardex Antique Ivory not too far away.
So might try that and if it looks naff then take out and go with grey.

D

DJM

Thanks for everybody's help. Went with Ardex antique Ivory and it looks good.
One thing though I liked using the Mapei Ultracolor better than the Ardex. Much easier to use and gave a better finish

Reply to Floor grout type, colours and advice in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen