Search the forum,

Discuss Floor build up for tiling in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dave Dux

Current plan for floor is 18mm chipboard + 6mm nmp, then 6mm insulation board + durabase Matt with Electra heating cable before tiling with flexible ad. Insulation board and Matt to be installed with flexible adhesive. No screed over cable.

Question, is it worth sticking with the insulation board to improve warm up time?

Thanks

J

Just Rizzle

im not a fan of insulation board over wood.as wood is an insulator and heat rises i think its a waste of money.

L

LM

I agree with Julian, we need to know the answer to that question first to then advise on best practice.

J

Just Rizzle

if its a floating floor he shouldn't be tiling in hard tiles, should be using lvt which is more adapt to movement

D

Dave Dux

Sorry guys, missed the update email amongst all the Black Friday stuff.

Chipboard is screwed at 150mm centres to joists and noggins with 6mm nmp glued and screwed on top.

Thanks

S

Spare Tool

answer to 1st question is still no
Agreed wood is an insulator but cement board isnt, no point heating that up, I'd have done away with the nmp and used a 10mm insulation board, but as nmp is already down for what it is might as well insulate before ufh mat..

Reply to Floor build up for tiling in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen