Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Fix backer board to thermalite in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Not sure if this forum is broken I can’t see most posts due to adverts, but I’ll give it a go.

Does anyone have any experience of fitting tile backer board to thermalite blocks? I have no room for battens so was going to dot and dab with mechanical fittings. Are thermalites suitable for spankers? If not what is best way to fix? Thermalites are no stronger than sponge for fixing!

Reaction score
Hey
You should be good with your plan, make sure you prime the thermalite before dot and dabing.
Fix the boards and ensure they are plumb and squared.
Once the https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ is hard drill straight through the board and fix with rawl plugs and wedi washers.

Trigger

Arms
Reaction score
Not all tile board manufacturers recommend dot and dabbing there boards. Check with the manufacturer of the board you intend to use.

OP
I
Reaction score
Not all tile board manufacturers recommend dot and dabbing there boards. Check with the manufacturer of the board you intend to use.
Thanks for the advice. Yes it is recommended according to the website. It is q board from bandQ good price for 20mm 2400x600. My question is what mechanical fixing for thermalite as I bloody hate this blocks I can fix anything any sense. bring back dense concrete blocks that’s what I say:) brick it’s and their labourers my have a different view!

Reply to Fix backer board to thermalite in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock