Search the forum,

Discuss first nat stone job in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

lcjohno

TF
Reaction score
just been to look at kitchen slashback, the customer already has the tiles which i think are limestone. They are on sheets (9 on each sheet) like mosaics but are 100mm x 100mm. Will i be best just removing the tiles off the sheet and fitting seperate? also which size trowel should i use? they are 10mm thick and feel quite heavy. I'm tiling onto plaster skim, cheers, lee.

D

DHTiling

I would remove them and tile one by one as they are not likely to be true on the sheets...Personally i would use a white powdered adhesive...

D

david campbell

if those are the ones from b&q they can be a bit fidgity,tried to use them before and had to remove some from the mesh!

lcjohno

TF
Reaction score
there not from b and q. the skim should hold them cos there only going three tiles high off the worktop. how much longer generally does a nat stone job take compared to a standard tile job, really unsure how long it will take, its only 3m2. Will i be ok to cut the tiles using my plasplug mastertiler? with right blade of course.

D

david campbell

the master-tiler should be fine,you can use the turbo blade from plasplugs,stone takes slightly longer to cut but you shouldn't be much longer than normal:thumbsup:
it's the sealing that adds to your time

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Alberta Stone

Just use a 4" angle grinder (with a good blade of course) on a board outside to make your cuts.
If the mosaics look good, then don't pop them off the mesh, you are just making a longer job of it then.

Reply to first nat stone job in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen