Search the forum,

Discuss Failed Floor in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
As ply shrinks and expans a flexible adhesive may well have stayed stuck to the wood and in good condition however,the forces this transfered to the tile perhaps could have debonded what was a weaker attachment.
Ply expands and can handle it, adhesive goes with it and can handle it also, the tile doesn't expand which creates the stress.
Or, maybe my imagination has gone funny lol:confused:

J

J Sid

You guy's not come across this ufh method before?
I would have uncouple on top of chipboard if floor solid, did a bathroom and a shower room yesterday, not plied, but have seen it done many times. HB would have insulated to much, no? If it was to fail I would have expected sooner the 2 years.
To me clearly a heat issue.

radim

TF
Arms
Reaction score
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

radim

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Thank for your replies guys.
All tiles come up clean like new...
Builder is paying the bill but wants to know where is a problem.
I will be using hardie but if it is heat related than it can surely happen again?

J

J Sid

Turn ufh up to max and leave for a day, measure the floor surface temperature. Have to check, but the max allowed is about 28 Deg over the whole floor with a max of 35 degrees over a max of 1m2 (wetroom floor as an example).
Need to find out what happened before you fix again....
I would use Ditra rather than HB

W

WetSaw

Was the ply primed? Looks like the adhesive sucked into that before it stuck to the tiles.

Reply to Failed Floor in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen