Search the forum,

Discuss Expansion joint in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

Unregistered

Can any kind soul advise me on what options I have ! Im tiling a large floor area with a new 5 mm porcelain floor tile . Due to the size of the floor we have been advised to fit expansion joints .There appears to be no expansion joints that depth on the market !
Has anybody come across this hurdle ?

M

Mike

if you can't find a manufactured one of that depth you could use a silicon expansion joint in the grout lines where required. use a colour match silicon to your grout. bal and mapei have good ranges of these

J

jay

Could be a bit tricky with a tile that thick,make sure edge of tile is well bedded but make sure you leave room for expansion

P

prceramics

what about using two squared metal tile trims each side of the joint with a 4mm gap and just fill with silicone

Reply to Expansion joint in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen