Currently reading:
err great british justice????????

Discuss err great british justice???????? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

CJ CERAMICS

just got home from work. picked up my paper, found out stevee gerrard found not guilty of affray?????

having watched the cctv footage he claims that although the only punches thrown were an elbow by one of his friends and 3 uppercuts by mr gerrard, he felt threatened even though there was 5 in his party and only 1 in the other and still managed to claim self defence?(lol) it does seem that the more money or fame you have the more you can get away with.:yikes:
chris

D

diamondtiling

the judge made a decision that I am more than happy with, he weighed up all the evidence and came to the right decision in his mind, he is after the legal expert and if stevie was guilty I know the outcome would have been different, Although the Judge is from Merseyside he will just like me have had an open mind on this matter.

Yours truly,
Dominic,

A life long Liverpool fan. ( did I mention that?)

:hurray::hurray::hurray:

T

Time's Ran Out

the judge made a decision that I am more than happy with, he weighed up all the evidence and came to the right decision in his mind, he is after the legal expert and if stevie was guilty I know the outcome would have been different, Although the Judge is from Merseyside he will just like me have had an open mind on this matter.

Yours truly,
Dominic,

A life long Liverpool fan. ( did I mention that?)

:hurray::hurray::hurray:

Yeah - Right!

John.

D

Deleted member 9966

if the case was heard and decided by a jury then a majority within the jury have to agree that SG did it. if anybody was unsure as to the evidence and couldn't decide either way, they're told to think not guilty.

i was involved in the jury of two rape cases in 2007. the whole thing was one party's word against another. no solid evidence. no grounds for a conviction on either case. very sad but innocent until proven guilty and in both cases there was no evidence.

D

diamondtiling

theres another example on thursday night, my hero tony martin, went to prison for doing the country a great service,he let 2 stinking burglars have the buisness end of his shotgun

one of em is in the great pikey camp in the sky, a good day for decent british people

I agree with most of what you have said but have you read Tony martin's Book? The story of what really happened?

P

Prem Tiler

I think is disgusting! he is one of British youngsters biggest idols and if he can go to the pub and attack a man with one of his mates and get off scotch free why cant they. thats what they will all be thinking now.

yea ok it was just a pub fight no big deal we all do it and there was no under hand tactics used like bottles (thank god) but who's to say young Johny Smith wont grab a glass to plant in some ones face this Saturday in the horse and groom?

we need our idols to be squeaky clean in today violent culture and he should of been made an example of!

My 2 penny's worth anyway.

D

diamondtiling

diamond , i didnt know he wrote a book, im off the opinion that after being burgled before he shot to maim,and was glad to take his chances?

ill c if can get o copy,cheers steve

Hi Steve,
Its called A right to Kill and after you read it you might have a slightly different view, dont get me wrong though I completely agree with the idea of defending your house.
Years ago I heard someone at the back of my old house, I went through the front door and down the side, crept up while he was wriggling through the garage window and then proceeded to make a citizens arrest, he fell over 4 times and bashed his nose, then he decided to kick himself up the backside 5 or 6 times, and to top it all off he punched himself in the ear 3 or 4 times, The police were great though, they accepted that he fell over during the struggle, at court he pleaded guilty to over 20 burglaries, over half were OAP's, scum bag, I have no remorse for his little beating that night.

:lol::lol::lol:

C

CJ CERAMICS

Hi Steve,
Its called A right to Kill and after you read it you might have a slightly different view, dont get me wrong though I completely agree with the idea of defending your house.
Years ago I heard someone at the back of my old house, I went through the front door and down the side, crept up while he was wriggling through the garage window and then proceeded to make a citizens arrest, he fell over 4 times and bashed his nose, then he decided to kick himself up the backside 5 or 6 times, and to top it all off he punched himself in the ear 3 or 4 times, The police were great though, they accepted that he fell over during the struggle, at court he pleaded guilty to over 20 burglaries, over half were OAP's, scum bag, I have no remorse for his little beating that night.

:lol::lol::lol:

had me laughing out loud :thumbsup:

D

doug boardley

no question about his football ability.....but the law itself is there to punish the guilty and protect the innocent seems to be the other way around at the moment.
im not meaning to start a debate it just ranckles with me that a man clearly seen attacking another can be found not guilty.
I gave up on that notion sadly after a bouncer broke my tibia and fibula and put me off work for a year, no charges pressed as nightclub boss stitched everything up like a kipper, police could have got witnesses if they'd tried a bit harder, in the meantime I had no income for a year!!:thumbsdown:

D

diamondtiling

Things happen some times that you just never see coming, A close friend of mine that sadly passed away some 5 years ago was sitting in a pub in crossens southport with his wife, his wife ( a beautiful lady) suffers from MS, she is 90% disabled, I remember when she used to nick my mates van and go to the pub with her mates, real bubbly girl then, anyway Malc my buddy comes out with the drinks and two pieces of skum are actually making fun of margaret because she has to drink through a straw, malc quite rightly and with the appropriate language tore into them and one threw a punch which did connect, Malc punched this guy so hard that he later lost the sight in that eye, this fella presses charges and my mate gets 18 months for malicious wounding, who would have handled it differently??????????? not me, that was a first time offence 15 years ago, malc died 2 years after coming out of jail and I really think it was all the trauma of being away from his wife that started off the cancer, he was 62, they had eloped to gretna green when they were both 16,,, there was a kind of justice served about 5 years later, the piece of dog sh$$ that caused it was killed on his bike on the horseshoe pass. What goes around comes around,

:thumbsdown:

Reply to err great british justice???????? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.