Currently reading:
epoxy grout with absorbent tiles

Discuss epoxy grout with absorbent tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

P

Paslode

Kerapoxy isn't too bad to use, get the room cool ( not sweltering hot ) and warm up the Kerapoxy before mixing and you'll be fine if it's just the shower enclosure, pot life of about 45 minutes, just make sure you have a) plenty of clean water b) more clean water and c) more clean water, pads and sponges.

HTH's
I have a 5kg tub do I split it down into smaller batches or do you think I could do the whole enclosure in one mix? About 8m2

I would say go for it in one, do two sides and check to see how the starting point looks, it really depends on a few things, how quick you are at application and temp of room, absorbancy etc, I was doing 5kg tubs in June, 5mm joints upside down, yep, on a ceiling and it was fine, as I say, warm up the Kerapoxy first by setting the tubs next to a heat source.

Good luck, and we like pictures we do.

Get yourself some emulsifying pads for the initial clean off, use in a circular motion, you'll see when doing it how it cleans any excess away from the joints then go over with your sponge and water, you go over it as many times as needed to clean off any haze and or grout, do NOT leave any grout behind, also it wouldn't hurt to tape off any surfaces that meet the grout lines, i.e painted walls, shower enclosure etc.

Make sure you have ALL your tools ready, before mixing, as for trying to split the tub into 2 mix's, I wouldn't, parts a and b are measured weights, get the mix wrong and your grout could set up way too quick.

Just a thought, here, what tiles are you using, I'm just thinking of possible staining ?

P

Paslode

Get yourself some emulsifying pads for the initial clean off, use in a circular motion, you'll see when doing it how it cleans any excess away from the joints then go over with your sponge and water, you go over it as many times as needed to clean off any haze and or grout, do NOT leave any grout behind, also it wouldn't hurt to tape off any surfaces that meet the grout lines, i.e painted walls, shower enclosure etc.

Make sure you have ALL your tools ready, before mixing, as for trying to split the tub into 2 mix's, I wouldn't, parts a and b are measured weights, get the mix wrong and your grout could set up way too quick.

Just a thought, here, what tiles are you using, I'm just thinking of possible staining ?
They are a ceramic Matt glazed tile which on the box says nonvitreous hence why I want to use epoxy so as to ensure water doesn't get through the joints, I also have a vertical feature on the back wall which are a sealed porcelain .thanks again for your help.
ps I have a epoxy
grout float 6 emulsifying pads and 5sponges ,enough?

P

Paslode

It should take more than a couple of sponges off to get clean, do not leave it over night no, how do the tiles feel if you run a finger over them ? sticky, hard to say without being there but I would give it a couple more cleans to be sure, like I said though, hard to say.
the tiles were clean not sticky at all,a bit concerned this morning that I can push my nail into the grout?..does it take 24hours or so to harden up?

Reply to epoxy grout with absorbent tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, after tiling the kitchen area I did grouting but I am not happy with the results. The grout lines are too bright, almost white. Although I used almost dry sponge to wipe off the excess...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement