Search the forum,

Discuss Edge Trim On Metro Tiles in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

damagetesf

Evening all.. Interested in people's methods of avoiding a protruding cut metro tile on an upright edge trim. Never had a problem before, but last customer was unhappy with protruding cut edge as the trim was the same depth as the bevel uncut edge. When tiling these in brick fashion, obviously a cut tile can't be avoided. Ended up moving the trim out to meet the cut end height so the bevel dipped in slightly, unnoticeable. But if the next row starts with a full tile, the whole edge is dipped in under the trim and looks crap. Job coming up is half tiled round to shower enclosure, so I have a top trim meeting an upright so can't use a 6mm for the top and a 9mm for the upright (to hide the cut) as will look odd where they meet. Ideas?

B

bcd-87

My old mentor allways told us to reverse the cut, so the machine finished edge meets the trim .. If I have a picture I will upload

D

damagetesf

Normally always put an uncut edge to the trim if possible. Can't avoid a cut edge on the trim when tiles are brick fashion tho?

S

StevieBoy

It would be a lot easier / better if they produced a half sized metro.

Nice edges all round then.

There is no other way than what you have done. I have done them where by when it comes to the half tile, turn it round and put the good edge to the trim - but personally I think that looks worse!

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
I asked a similar question to this in the arms a few weeks ago. But i was looking for a tile rather than trim. I hate seeing trim with metros!

@Dave pointed me in the direction of original style where I found a 6"x1" flat white decor tile. Downside is I can't get these in time to get the room done for deadline day so I'm going to make something using the limestone I have or the metros I have have a finished edge on two sides. I've seen a few whilst researching where a border edge is done fixing the metros portrait up the edges so I might try that.

J

Just Rizzle

one way to do it is to have the same thickness of tile next to the trim. you can do this by cutting the tile so u get 1/4 3/4 tiles
move your center line over 1/4 the length of the tile so you get equal cuts on alternative courses

Reply to Edge Trim On Metro Tiles in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen