Search the forum,

Discuss earn £45k+ per year in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

howard

i was looking in my local newspaper this morning looking through the job section there was a tiling course ad that read in just 4 weeks become a professional tiler & earn £45k +per year. does anybody on this forum earn that kind of money from tiling not many if any i would say

C

charlie1

Realistically you could earn about 30k per year TOP. Especially with the amount of competition out there now. 3 or 4 years ago I think this would have been very achievable.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I worked for a guy that used to charge us both out for the week at around £1500 - £2000 and we'd get it. We'd do a bathroom for 2k from top to bottom with new suite (not in with the price obviously) and electric underfloor heating and all sorts - we'd actuall make on all products and materials too. Costing the customer between 3k and 5k - with my gaffa making about 2k and me the 500 quid lol.

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
It is achievable if you sell extras like tiles and adhesives etc on every job you can and you have good contacts, you can up sell to adding design work into the job for extra money, what people forget is that you have to be a salesman before you are a tiler, if you dont sell your work, doesnt matter how good a job you would have done, someone else is doing it and making your money. Think every way you can on how you can earn exras from the job, thats what i teach, thats when you will notice the money comming in, had a lad ring me last week to say that he made £150 profit on the tiles and £60 on adhesives before he even started doing the job, Think like that.

P

pjtiler

you,ll never earn 45k bathroom bashing thats for sure

now site works a whole different ball game

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
Big Floors is what you need to get the dosh in, ive just given a job to two tilers who are on a 1200 metre shopping centre floor in aderdeen at the moment, they are pulling in about £400 per day each, £18 per metre, 600x600 tiles, no grouting to be done as well, they are getting the polish in to grout up. Plenty jobs like that is what you need, again have the right contacts is the key

Reply to earn £45k+ per year in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen