Search the forum,

Discuss do glass tiles need grout??? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

sam_seed

Hi! Just read that thanks. It only mentions sealing the joints. the tiles seem to have a beveled edge so I imagine they would some sort of sealent. However not really much of a tiler just game for anything so i'm a wee bit baffled on this one. I take it sealent would have to be used...it kinda makes sense. However is this a clear sealent as my sis wants this to just look all glass - no gaps

D

DHTiling

i'm told it's a lacobel and is 6mm deep and is 300 by 600mm it has a painted back

With some of these painted back tile, you have to fix with epoxy adhesive or a glass/mirror adhesive..as standard adhesives can effect the colour.

If the they are colour bonded then and C2 type adhesive will suffice.

Another point worth mentioning is with these sort of larger format glass tiles is that, if they are to be used in a kitchen and if a gas cooker is present then check suitability of the tiles for use in high temp area's, not all glass tiles are suitable for use behind a gas cooker.

A quick call to the tile manufacture will confirm this, if no instructions are with them and they will also confirm what adhesive to use if you are unsure if they are colour bonded or painted.

Reply to do glass tiles need grout??? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.