Discuss Dewalt d24000 in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

simmy08

My bought in april Dewalt Wet saw today became a serious flippin hazard. I was about to cut a peice of Marble when i felt a shock go up my arm. At first i thought it was just static so i turned it off and on, stamped my feet away from any water (to get rid of any static lol) and touched the marble again with even more buzz this time.
I took out the pump (incase the waterproof housing had broken),switched it on and dreaded touch it again with the same level of shock as prveious.
I declared it faulty and had to pack up and go home.
Got on the phone to supplier,then Dewalt, then a workshop whom i have to take it to tomorrow to be checked over.
My question is, has anyone had this problem? was it repairable?

All i can say is, im glad now i got the 110v version.
Great peice of kit but i have only used it on 3 jobs.

D

doug boardley

Did merle collins have something similar?? or was that something to do with the house electrics??

A

Aston

well, i'm ordering a 110v now lol...just waiting for mr neave to get some in stock again

G

Gazzer

No boner IMO, if you have a 240v and need to go on site ( and you never know) You cant. Get a 110v and happy days.

S

simmy08

Thanks for the replies,
The house Earth will need to be checked. The machine goes in tomorrow so i will let the engineer man know this info.
Thing is i have been using it in the same house from the same socket for 2 days previous and had no problem.
I suppose in hindsight i could have checked it form another supply but didnt want to risk getting zapped. Maybe a volt reader would have been a handy thing.

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies,
The house Earth will need to be checked. The machine goes in tomorrow so i will let the engineer man know this info.
Thing is i have been using it in the same house from the same socket for 2 days previous and had no problem.
I suppose in hindsight i could have checked it form another supply but didnt want to risk getting zapped. Maybe a volt reader would have been a handy thing.

If you have the same problem as me Simmy it was a nightmare:mad2:Numbness right up my arm sometimes, but once the electrician had checked and rectified the earthing problem it was spot on:thumbsup:

Really hope you get it sorted mate:smilewinkgrin:

No boner IMO, if you have a 240v and need to go on site ( and you never know) You cant. Get a 110v and happy days.

Some sites were allowing 240V tools as long as you had an RCD at the socket (Thats the ones that 'HAD' 240V!!) - Has that changed?

G

Gazzer

If you have the same problem as me Simmy it was a nightmare:mad2:Numbness right up my arm sometimes, but once the electrician had checked and rectified the earthing problem it was spot on:thumbsup:

Really hope you get it sorted mate:smilewinkgrin:

Some sites were allowing 240V tools as long as you had an RCD at the socket (Thats the ones that 'HAD' 240V!!) - Has that changed?

Havent seen a large site that allows 240v for many years. In fact any paperwork that comes regarding any contract stipulates 110v or battery power.

Reaction score
Havent seen a large site that allows 240v for many years. In fact any paperwork that comes regarding any contract stipulates 110v or battery power.

A few of the builders/shop fitters I worked for in England weren't too bad with this - but I must admit all our vans were kitted out with 110V tools anyway.

S

simmy08

got the saw checked out today. Guy did all the necessary test and cant find nowt wrong with it.I told him about this site and that another guy has had same problem. He said it could be a number of other things, house mains being one of them or the socket i was using or even having no earth connected up in the plug for my 240 extension. Everything mentioned will be getting checked as im back on site 2mo.
pain in the butt really, dont need this this week

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Dewalt d24000 in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks