Discuss Dewalt d24000 in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

G

Gazzer

I would get a socket tester and check before blaming the Dewalt then.
CED Plug in Socket Tester - NoLinksToThis, Where the Trade Buys

S

simmy08

yep, was back at the job today with my saw and i checked the guys 240 extension i borrowed. Turns out the earth was hanging out it. so basically i was the earthing point for the machine. I dont know why the rcd didnt trip though. I would have thought that would have casued some sort of unbalanced. I dont know much about sparky stuff but i would have thought it would trip. Anyway im still glad i got the 110v version for this reason. I will be purchasing a socket tester to check any wiring. Spot on cheeers

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I had to pack up this afternoon in the rain as I had this problem today. Extension lead was in a plastic bag but still got wet and everything tripped out. Turned electrics back on and used another extension lead triple bagged so socket and plug bone dry, started it up and I couldn't even touch the face of the tile without getting shocked. Was gonna man up and just go for it as I'd just mixed 1/2 bucket of gear but couldn't touch any part of the machine for more than 3 secs before I had to let go and let out a girlie scream!
Is this just a fair weather machine?

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
That's the plan for tomorrow Ed!!

I've also asked the owner to find out if the DB has been earthed as it's a bit of a building site.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Well all was dry today and it just kept tripping the consumer box.
Had to get the ever faithful plasplugs out for 900x600 porcs!
Finished work and dropped it off at the nearest dewalt service center.
They'll have a look at it on the bench first thing monday but looks like a damaged cable somewhere.
They said they've only ever had one come into them before and that was the inline circuit breaker that was faulty.

Spent nearly an hour just looking at all the kit they've got, wanted to buy everything! Did buy a couple of bi-metal saws for my fein - only £6 each (not fein originals)

I

Ian

Is the place you took it in Nottingham Nick? Mine could do with a service.

Sent via tapatalk for iPhone 5

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Yes mate:
Power Tools Plus,
250 Carlton Road,
Nottingham,
NG3 2NB

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Picked it up after work today.
Problem was a couple of loose earth connections so they crimped them up tight again.
The black plate (which holds the spanner and allen key) unscrews to reveal the connections so easy job to check yourself if you experience an electrical fault.

C

Chris J M

Hi all,

I've just bought this machine and I have a question. Does this machine need to be protected from the rain (throwing a plastic bag/tarp over it when not in use) or as a 'wet' tool that's typically used outdoors can it stand up to the weather?

Many thanks in advance.

Reply to Dewalt d24000 in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks